Neck Warmers

catheryn

2090279842_96421f516c_m.jpg2090278312_e5621397df_m.jpg

I have a problem wearing scarves....I either get hung up in doors or trip over them and bust my you know what. Here in Cheyenne, with the wind and cold, though, you need all the help you can get if you dare to venture outside. I found this pattern on the Lion Brand site and fell in love immediately. But beware, if made according to directions, it is about big enough to fit a 5 year old child!! I added 20 stitches to the initial chain, changed the hook to a size P, and then used double strands of yarn!! The pictures do not do them justice, but they are wonderful. And so very warm!!!

They turned out so pretty! :c9 I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who had problems with the pattern.

Coralie

Oh, I am so glad I am not alone!!! I thought I must have lost my mind when the first one turned out so small!!

Very nice and enjoyed your suggestions. I love seeing how things really turn out when we do it. Sometimes the professional crocheters and photographers stretch the truth ....... just a little.

Believe it or not, they are the quickest gifts I have ever made. I made 7 in one day....even while doing laundry at the same time!! I used a variety of yarns in order to use up some of my stash. Red Heart, Lion Brand Wool Ease, Lion Brand Jiffy, I Love THis Yarn....just whatever I grabbed first out of my stash. Mixing the colors together for the different blends was a lot of fun.

Christi...the green one is made with 2 strands of Red Heart. Sage green color and a variegated green yarn that matched.

Thanks all of ya'll for your sweet comments!!

Catheryn - exactly which pattern is this? I went to Lionbrands site, typed in 'neck warmers' and got many, none that looked like yours.:think(they had models wearing them). Yours look so nice, :manyheartI want to make them like yours! I made note of your changes. Thanks for posting about them. :hug Jan.

Boy I love the smilies-they're fun!

Catheryn - exactly which pattern is this? I went to Lionbrands site, typed in 'neck warmers' and got many, none that looked like yours.:think(they had models wearing them). Yours look so nice, :manyheartI want to make them like yours! I made note of your changes. Thanks for posting about them. :hug Jan.

Boy I love the smilies-they're fun!

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60340A.html?noImages=0

Here is the link!

:manyheartOne more change to the pattern I made......I did one row of single crochet around the entire project once I completed the 2nd short end!:manyheart

:c9:c9So warm and cozy...they look wonderful and thank you for the pattern change...I was looking for some more gifts to make and to use some stash....perfect for me too since I agree about long scarfs...mine always get caught in the Grocery Cart..yikes!!!:laughroll

Thank you for the link- this one didn't come up in my search- i was looking for 'neck warmer' instead of 'neck wrap':rolleyes. You'd think the computer would know what i was talking about:lol. Now to go thru my stash. Jan.

Archived