LYS in Huntsville, AL

Yarn Expressions is about the only LYS that only sells yarn and knitting patterns/supplies. They also carry a VERY limited selection of crochet supplies. However, they do have a good selection of yarns and colors there.

They're on Whitesburg Dr. (recently moved), though I haven't been able to get there lately. It's really hard shopping for yarn when you have 4 kids to keep up with. I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like to take my time and "pet" the yarn before I buy!

Melissa, it's SO hard to get down there from where I live out in Madison/Monrovia. I do have to go get my teeth cleaned next Tuesday about 3 or 4 buildings away on Whitesburg, so maybe I'll be able to drop in then, WITHOUT KIDS!! LOL

Abby's okay to take along if I don't stay too long, because she likes to pet the yarn, too. Chris can take it for quite awhile if he has his GameBoy with him, but he doesn't really like staying in there. It's much more fun alone!!!

Amy, the last time I went in there was before they moved, so I was chasing three boys in their really small shop! What's crazy about it is my boys all wanted to pet the yarns, too, but they were petting yarns where I couldn't get to them easily and pet my yarn at the same time!

I have since decided that LYS's are NOT for small children. Maybe when William decides he's ready for his first major project we'll go pick out some nice yarn together. :)

Archived