Chain Mail Hood

froguruami

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your pattern. I've just started this and am on row 17 I think and so far so good. DS is getting impatient now that he sees it coming along. :lol He's asked me to make a whole suit.......can't see that happening, I'm not that talented. lol

Has anyone else started this helmet? I was working on it last night and am on row 30 now but my DS was in bed when I started it so I couldn't try it on him as I went along.......tried it on him this morning and it's HUGE!! In fact it is a little big on me at the moment. I know I followed the pattern exactly as I marked each row as I finished and was home alone so no interruptions. lol Just wondering if it's supposed to be so big? In the picture, it looks smallish and would have fit my DS perfectly.

Has anyone else started this helmet? I was working on it last night and am on row 30 now but my DS was in bed when I started it so I couldn't try it on him as I went along.......tried it on him this morning and it's HUGE!! In fact it is a little big on me at the moment. I know I followed the pattern exactly as I marked each row as I finished and was home alone so no interruptions. lol Just wondering if it's supposed to be so big? In the picture, it looks smallish and would have fit my DS perfectly.

I'm sorry it is turning out too big???? DS is 8. Another little boy I made it for is 9. It is a tad big on my other ds who is 6.

On row 30 you haven't started the decreasing yet so it may tighten up as you get further down. Also the mesh will stretch out as he pulls it over his head which will tighten it up also.

I hope everything works out.:hook

Have pm'ed you. I finished it last night and DS loves it even though it's big. When I say big, I mean the top part that fits across your head...it fits me and is big and I have a large head and alot of hair. lol It could be the yarn I chose...will make a second one with a different yarn and see if that makes a difference.

When I say big, I mean the top part that fits across your head...it fits me and is big and I have a large head and alot of hair.

The top part fits my head as well. It does seem big but it is intended to come down on the forehead quite a bit. The rim of the head piece is only about an inch above DS's eyebrows. It fits differently than a beanie cap would even though it is made about the same way! :) I just measures DS's and it measures 5 inches from the center. If that is too big you can skip one or two of the last rounds for that part.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived