I LOVE THIS YARN-Hobby Lobby

hookdonU

What exactly is it about this yarn that you all like so much?

Compared to other off the shelp worsted weights?

Thanks!

Very very soft & nice to crochet with, also the project turns out wonderfully soft.

I am working on a afghan using ILTY, so thanks everyone for the heads up on the sale! I am heading to HL this afternoon.

I saw some pretty yellow and I think I will go get it today.

NOW they have yellow!!! I had to use Vanna's as a substitute on a 'ghan. 1/2 the yarn at twice the price, i just don't get it. at least it was on sale and i made sure it was the color i needed least of in the 'ghan.

If you have a color you like and the store you shop at has it in stock better go get it now. The warehouse will me closed for the next 2 weeks s what you store has now is all they will have until after the new year. I have again this week order what we are out of stock on. Hoping it comes in to fill my empty holes. Someone came in and cleaned me out of 2 colors yesterday, one I can order 1 that is new and I can't. So get it while you can, it is very popular yarn.:hook

One thing to know is if the yarn is on sale, and you order some of a color they don't have, they will give you a rain check on the sale price. So when it comes in, it's at the cheaper price.

I finished two scarves and I really do love this yarn. I think it's my new favorite for scarves and afghans.

:manyheart

I stopped at my local HL on my way to work today and they have lots of new colors...new solids, ombre, variegated and striped. I got Sweet Mocha Ombre and Peacock Ombre just to name a few. My linen/yarn closet is getting very full with ILTY!!

Just be sure to look at the label closely....some of the variegated or ombre looks very similar to the stripe yarn.

I was at Hobby Lobby on the 28th of Dec. and saw this yarn for the first time. It was really nice! It reminds me of Caron Simply Soft, but without the sheen. We had lots of it, but didn't have the color blue I was looking for to finish a baby blanket. I also got some RedHeart on Sale for $1.44 including tax! I thought that was pretty good. They had a huge cotton yarn section but they didn't carry any yarn in the larger one pound sizes that I like to buy at JoAnns. :hook

• 1 month later...

I like this yarn much better than Red Heart. It's softer, better priced and has a far better selection of colors-especially the variegateds. I crochet blankets for a NICU at a local hospital here and love to use somethignother than the standard baby colors. Just checked today on HL online site and it's 60 cents cheaper than in the store. I bought 2 Sweet Mocha ombres, 2 Grapevine ombres and a seaspray stripe. If I had more cash on me at the time, I would have bought more colors! :yarn :crocheting :cat

I just placed my order last week online at Craftsetc and received an e mail on Monday that it is scheduled to be delivered on Fri. 2/15. I bought a total of 40 skeins (only four were RedHeart since I needed those colors and it was cheaper on sale than in my stores this week) and can't wait till it's delivered. I bought a lot of ombre and some solids to start. If they continue to put it on sale, I am going to be in big trouble in the future. LOL.

I like hearing positive feedback. Though it costs me money, heck, if you can't spend it on yarn and patterns (and shoes and boots, my other weakness) what can you spend it on???

Have a great day everyone.

LI Roe

Darn it!! I stopped by HL today to get one more skein of this, just to be sure I don't run out, and wouldn't you know it? They were out!! It is Seaspray Stripes... I am afraid I won't have enough to finish the project I started. Maybe they will get some more of it later... they did have the seaspray ombre... but not the striped. And it doesn't look too much alike, either.

AND... while I was there... I picked up some pretty variegated in a baby yarn.. not sure now which brand or what the name of the color is... and not sure what I will do with it... but I couldn't let my trip go to waste, now, could I?

I KNEW I should have run by and got that last skein a week or so ago! DARN! I would go online and try to order it... but no way to pay for it.

If they don't ever get any more of the Seaspray stripes I will be in a world of trouble... I started an afghan with it, along with their white yarn, and I know I will need at least one more skein to finish it.

I might have to call on one of you ladies to help me out. If you can find it, I will gladly pay the postage plus the cost of one skein, for someone to mail it to me. BUT I am hoping they get some more of it in soon. Since it is a HL brand, I'm sure they will. But I have had times when a yarn color was discontinued, and I don't want that to happen.

Last night i made sure i go in on the sale and ordered from carftsetc....

They were out of stock on alot of colors but i made up for it buying others LOL

Now lets hope the UPS guy comes when hubbys not home and to find a place to hide it :lol:lol I bought another 32 skeins :eek

That's what happens when ther isn't a Hobby Lobby around here :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Questions - I've never gotten to see this yarn or touch it or play with it... :(

1. How does it compare to other soft yarns of its genre? I think cardboard is softer than Red Heart, but what about compared to Simply Soft or Homespun in Softness?

2. How does it compare in splitty-ness? Do the strands split easily, or does it stay together?

3. What is the look of the yarn once it's been crocheted? That pretty sheen is what makes Simply Soft my favorite. Does it look pretty once it's finished as well?

4. Is it thicker like Red Heart or thinner like Simply Soft??

If you can think of other descriptors, that's great too!

I wish I could play with it!!! But, in my situation, I don't buy a skein at a time. I buy a hundred at a time, so I'd appreciate comments. :D Thanks for your help!!

1. How does it compare to other soft yarns of its genre? I think cardboard is softer than Red Heart, but what about compared to Simply Soft or Homespun in Softness? To me, it is much softer than Red Heart. It has a different texture than Simply Soft. ILTY is soft,but not "silky" feeling like SS is. I dont use Homespun as it is too hard for me to handle, so not sure on that comparison.

2. How does it compare in splitty-ness? Do the strands split easily, or does it stay together? I have not had any splitiness with ILTY. Some posters have said that it loses its softness after washing. I have only washed two afghans and have not had that happen,,,,, yet....

3. What is the look of the yarn once it's been crocheted? That pretty sheen is what makes Simply Soft my favorite. Does it look pretty once it's finished as well? It makes a solid and a little heavier ripple than red heart does. I dont think it has the sheen of SS, but it is "sturdier" feeling than SS. The colors are richer in value than RH.Their variagated yarns match their solids!!!! You would think that is a given but it isnt.

4. Is it thicker like Red Heart or thinner like Simply Soft??It is a little thicker than RH.

If you can think of other descriptors, that's great too!

Pros: I love the yarn and the variety of colors. I have not had any problems with any of the yarn and have made several afghans with it. It has a richer color value which I love. The afghans have a "cozier" feeling to them without being too heavy feeling. there is a wide variety of colors, bold, warm, neutrals, etc. This is the only yarn I use now for "solid" feeling afghans.

I have not been able to beat the price. $2.49 for 7 oz solids and 5 oz ombre or stripe. On sale at times for 1.88. Free shipping online at Craftsetc.com if over $25. I have switched from VC to this because of the above.

They have a whole line of baby and fancier yarns that retail between $4-7 and often go on sale, in store only that I have seen, at .99!!! Sell out quickly though.

Cons: It is hard to get colors at times because of the stock is sometimes low. Online does not have all the colors that in the store has. Even in the store, some colors are out of stock. So, when I do find them , I pick it up.

If you want, I can send one of my balls of leftover yarn and you can see and feel it. I am ashamed to say, I have plenty!! Just pm me with your address and I'll get it out to you. Include a color preference, I am even more ashamed that I am sure I have it....ugh!

lol....Debbie

uwcheese

I wish I could play with it!!! But, in my situation, I don't buy a skein at a time. I buy a hundred at a time, so I'd appreciate comments. :D Thanks for your help!!

Ohh.. that sounds like so much fun!!! I love buying yarn. :D Plus, Crafts Etc has the cheapest international shipping I've ever found! Caron wanted to charge $26.00 to send ONE skein of yarn to the UK!! At Crafts Etc., I can get $200 worth (that's about 80 skeins of ILTY) for just $45 shipping!! Woohoo!! (And, my husband encourages me to get good deals whenever I can - does that include yarn?) :D

I'll have to finish my current UFO's quickly so I can get some. :)

Thank you so much, Debbie, for the detailed response. The yarn is such a good price, and I'm thrilled to find out it's good too!!

:cheer

Archived