DMC at Walmart?

calico carol

I have discovered DMC's Cebelia thread, and I love it! Would also like to try Opera that has been mentioned on here. Can I find Cebelia at Walmart?? I don't think I've seen it at Joann's or Michael's where I live. Is it cheaper to order it online? I did find some at my local cross stitch store, but they were limited in colors, and pricey.

thanks!

Carol :)

I haven't seen Cebilia in Wal-Mart, however, the stores near me are all doing a bunch of renovation, so it's impossible to find ANYTHING there. Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? I think they carry most DMC threads.

They also have an online catalog at www.craftsetc.com if you're interested in buying that way. Also, try Herrschners.com

HTH

I have discovered DMC's Cebelia thread, and I love it! Would also like to try Opera that has been mentioned on here.

I've now seen Cebelia in Michael's, but it's in the tatting/embroidery thread section normally, not with the crochet thread (don't ask me why). They usually only have white/ecru/red/green/black/blue, however. And one of the Michael's near me doesn't have Cebelia at all, but another one 5 miles away does.It's strange.

Opera I get locally at AC Moore, which I know they don't have in Southern CA. You can also order it online at Patricia Kristoffersen's site.

If you want Cebelia, your best bet is to order online. I've seen it at Michaels but, as Jess said, the color selection is limited. I guarantee you'll never see Cebelia at Walmart; it's too expensive. Walmart only wants to sell in the ~$2/ball range.

My local JoAnn ETC does have Cebelia...in COLORS!!! They have maybe 6-8 different colors. Oddly, they don't keep it with the yarn and other crochet threads. I found it in the aisle where they sell the DMC floss for cross stitch and embroidery. The Cebelia thread is on the bottom shelf under that, near the floor. Sooo easily missed.

Archived