cancer awareness comfortghan for aunt

tiffmeyer

3 8 inch squares went into the mail today. Please let me know when they arrive.

I received your wonderful squares today.:hug

My husband was so excited to call and tell me that I got some more squares. I get excited but I think he is starting to get more excited LOL

Tomorrow the snow is coming so I will be busy putting the blanket together I will post pictures of the progress

Thank You so much everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok everyone here is the finished product. I mailed it to NY on Tuesday so she should be receiving it no later than tomorrow (Friday)

DCP01362.jpg

If you want to see bigger views here is the links.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/tiffmeyercrochet/DCP01361.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/tiffmeyercrochet/DCP01360.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/tiffmeyercrochet/DCP01359.jpg

Hope all enjoys I will let everyone know what she thinks when she gets it.

Again Thank You so much everyone!!!!

Its funny I just finished posting the picture and she called. That was kind of weird but anyway.....

I was on the phone for awhile with her she said she cried for 2 hours after opening the box with the comfortghan and reading the letter. ( I wrote her a letter telling her how all the squares came about) She said she cried so much on the blanket that the names on the tags are now smeared. I told her to not be afraid to take the name tags off and use the blanked she said she wants to put it on her wall.

She told me that when they took out the lump that the cancer was only in her gland and they got it all out but she still needs to go through 6 chemo treatments and 6 weeks of radiation for 5 days a week. On monday she will have chemo treatment #4. They said it is better to be safe then sorry.

Her spirits seemed to be really good other than a few breakdowns on how beautiful the blanket is and how very touched she is.

She told me to tell everyone who helped that she is soooooo thankful she don't know what to say it took her breathe and words away to know that so many people care and don't even know her. She said god bless everyone.

:hugAgain, Thank you everyone for helping me bring this all together.:hug

Tiffany

so glad your aunt liked her afghan. even thorght it would look nice on the wall, she should use it to keep her warm. i know she'l get threw her cemo. i have a friend that went threw the same thing. shes doing great and so will your aunt. :manyheart:hugto you and your aunt. nana

The blanket came out beautifully - great job joining the different sizes.

It was nice finding your update here...it helps me right now. We got horrible news about a friend of ours...DH and this guy were partners years ago and we're still friends wth he and his wife. She has cancer that seems to be in several areas of her body at once. She's barely in her mid 50's, younger than me, and has always taken such good care of herself... This is the 4th person we know who is going through cancer at one stage or another...all within the past few months.

I don't know what is going on in this world:(

I'm so happy for your aunt...that it looks so hopeful:manyheart

The blanket looks wonderful and you did a great job joining all the different size squares together. I will keep your Aunt in my prayers

sorry I wasn't here much last year to be able to help. like others here 2007 was a bad year:( lost seven people in my life:( and I find it still hard to think at times. Judianne I agree with you about this world! not sure what is going to happen!

:hug everyone,

The blanket looks wonderful and you did a great job joining all the different size squares together. I will keep your Aunt in my prayers

sorry I wasn't here much last year to be able to help. like others here 2007 was a bad year:( lost seven people in my life:( and I find it still hard to think at times. Judianne I agree with you about this world! not sure what is going to happen!

:hug everyone,

That is ok, just keeping her in your prayers is help enough.

sorry about your recent loses.:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Archived