cancer awareness comfortghan for aunt

tiffmeyer

I just moved this to here hoping some more people would help me out. I was hoping to have the blanket in time for christmas for her.

so far I have

7 12" squares

4 8" squares

please read

My husbands aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer "stage 2". I wanted to crochet her a pink blanket with the cancer awareness ribbon fileted in it, but unfortunatly time will not allow for I want her to have it before her surgery. I want her to be able to wrap the blanket around her and feel comforted and know that someone is thinking of her by putting this special blanket together for her. She is a regular runner and was supposed to run in the last NY marathon but just couldn't concentrate enough so she sat on the sidelines.

I was wondering if anyone can help me and chip in with a square and I will put the blanket together. If anyone can or has a pattern for the ribbon I would like to throw a few squares in with the ribbon.

I was thinking 8" squares in pink I guess light pink for the breast cancer awareness.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated it.

Tiffany

do you still need squares? I can make a few and send it to you

I am still taking squares. It would be such a big help from you...:hug

I was trying to do some today in between work.

I want to give it to her for christmas before her surgery.

Thanks in advance.

Tiffany

~Merry Christmas~

I started a pink one late last night (I was waiting for my son to get back from work). It's almost ready. One more cup of coffee :cheer and I'll get to work.

PM me your address. I'll see how many I can make and mail them to you next week.

It's my pleasure to help.

This one I am working on is 8".

I am curious about something. I just started putting grannies together.

As I always putting the 6" squares that I made together, I encoutered the problem that they had different numbers of stitches on the sides.

Tiff, you said "so far I have

7 12" squares

4 8" squares"

How are you going to put them together? :crocheting

I am curious about something. I just started putting grannies together.

As I always putting the 6" squares that I made together, I encoutered the problem that they had different numbers of stitches on the sides.

Tiff, you said "so far I have

7 12" squares

4 8" squares"

How are you going to put them together? :crocheting

12 12 8 8 8

8 8 8 ~~2 blocks 24 X 24

12 12 8 8 8

thank you so much everyone for sending me squares.

I will let everyone know when they arrive also will update with photos.

I am going to start putting it together this weekend.

I am hoping I have enough now and if not maybe I could finish it up to get it out to her next week.

Thank you again so much.

~Merry Christmas~

2 squares went in the mail today!

:hug Ann

I received your beautiful squares today thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much.:hug I can't wait to start putting the blanket together. We have a snow storm coming sunday so I can begin putting it together.

Love,

Tiffany

~Merry Christmas~

I have 4 -8" squares ready to be mailed.

I am gonna "tag" them tonite so I can go to the PO tomorrow.;)

I received your beautiful squares today thank you sooooooooooooooooo much. :hug

I really appreciate everyones help on this. My mother in law ask me everyday did any more of your friends send you squares. Today I hit the mother load when I got home LOL I had like 5 boxes between this thread and my holiday wish list RAOK.

~Merry Christmas~

Archived