*** UPDATE!****Warm Hats for Wonderful Kids!!!

Hilary

UPDATE!!!!

The hats are being delivered late next week rather than tmrrw, IF YOU STILL WANT TO SEND SOME HATS, THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!

Ok, so I had this idea to made some smaller sized hats for the children at CCMC (CT Childrens Medical Center) this winter. It is my dream to work there once I get out of school, it just inspires me so much to see the kids and staff there so positive and so happy to be in a hospital.

I am a member of my university marching band (at UConn) and we have a very long bus ride coming up right after christmas to go to a bowl game down in north carolina. My idea was that I would find a few patterns for smaller hats, and just crochet hats to donate while I was going down there.

I understand that this is a very busy time of year, but I just thought I would leave the invitation open for others to donate hats with me. I plan on giving them the hats very late december, or very early january. I am currently awaiting an email from the hospital to get approval for me to donate them. I know they have to go through everythign that gets donated to them, so I would rather get permission first.

Please let me know if you are interested, and I will keep everyone updated on information as soon as I find out more!

**** I just spoke to a lady at the hospital. She is very happy to recieve any size donation we can give, and I personally will be dropping off hats there on January 4th. If anyone wants to help out with even one hat (Premie-18yr old ) I would be SO GREATFUL!!! feel free to sent me a PM for my address to send hats, I'm hoping this goes as great as i'm imagining! ****

Yet another update*** My mom and friends are going to help me out around here, and my mom had the idea of opening it up to just any sort of hat donation, not necessarily crochet, knit or even homemade. She is going to put up a bin at her school (Nursing school) and ask the ladies she works with to help make some! :)

I've already gotten a few contacts of people sending me hats, after only a half a day after starting this, and I personally have just finished my first hat for the donation. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!

I personally can't wait to get started!!!

THANKS A BUNCH!!! :yay:manyheart:ty

crochet pattern central (crochetpatterncentral.com) has loads of hat patterns for kids, babies, and adults. Any hats you want to make are welcome. The hospital has children age preemie- 18 years old. any of the simple easy hats are probably your best bet, they work up quickly, and dont take too much thought. Thanks a bunch! whenever youre ready to ship them, just pm me and i will send you my address, THANKS A MILLION!

I would like to make it into a tri-monthly thing, i know babies and others wear hats in the hospital all the time. so yes, if you would like to send them to me after january 4th, i will still be making period trips up there to drop them off.

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

I have not forgotten about the hats I promised they will be going out this Monday December 10! I had to get a box for them plus things have been extremely hectic this week.

What a great idea! I'll see what I can do.

I have a couple of machine knitting patterns for baby hats if anyone does machine knitting between crochet projects.

I completed two more last night. That brings the total to 6 so far. Still one day of crocheting left before the big trip to the post office. Guess that means I should get off the computer and get going eh?

Archived