Knit and Crochet Out 2008

mrsperales

Any one going to the 2008 Knit and Crochet Out at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. The Dates are Feb 16 and 17. If you go to the official site. They are offering hotel discounts and special to do's. I just made my reserverations.

Gina

I'll be there!

I missed the CGOA convention last year and will miss it again this summer, so nothing will keep me away from the Knit and Crochet Out this winter! I don't have any friends who crochet and need some commeraderie. I need to see what others are doing and chat with them about their work.

Who else is going?

I really wish I could go. I read a disscussion about this on ravelry this weekend. I wish I had the money to go my birthday is on the 16th and that would be a great way to spend my birthday. surrounded by knitter's and crocheter's, and I am sure lots of yarn. Hate to whine but I never have extra money. :no Well maybe one year I will get the chance to go.

What is that official site, the one for the Knit and Crochet Out or for the Mall of America??

I've always wanted to go to the Mall of America, so maybe I can convince my hubby to take me up there for that!! :drool

I'll be there!

I missed the CGOA convention last year and will miss it again this summer, so nothing will keep me away from the Knit and Crochet Out this winter! I don't have any friends who crochet and need some commeraderie. I need to see what others are doing and chat with them about their work.

Who else is going?

I don't have any friends who crochet either, other than the ones here. I missed out on the one there last year so I am definately going this year. I just hope the weather cooperates. It is about a 5-6 hour drive from me. I havn't decided if I am going to take the family or just go myself.

Here is the web site for the info.

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/knitoutbrochure.html

Hope I get to meet some of you there.

Gina

It is about a 5-6 hour drive from me.

Yes, it may even be closer to 7 hours for me...and, as you said, the weather is always chancy at that time of year. But to have something to look forward to in the cold and dark of a Wisconsin winter is worth a lot!

Maybe the Crochetvillers can plan a get together.

I'll be there! I volunteered to help out this year. I live about 10 minutes from the Mall of America so I'm thrilled!

I went last year and it was awesome! I did a few posts on my blog about last years event PLUS fashion show highlights, links are below.

http://knottygeneration.blogspot.com/2007/02/knit-out-and-crochet-2007-fashion-show.html

http://knottygeneration.blogspot.com/2007/02/knit-out-and-crochet-2007-feb-18-2007.html

http://knottygeneration.blogspot.com/2007/02/knit-out-and-crochet-2007-feb-17-2007.html

Cheers!

-Pam

I made my hotel reservation. I'm going to try to get a flight soon. I think this sounds like a brilliant thing to do. I've always wanted to go to the MoA anyways!!

Anyone else from Wisconsin interested in carpooling/meeting up there?

Sara

Sara, I'll go with you! See the note I sent you on Ravelry. I'd love a chance to spend a weekend away crocheting and shopping!

Debra from MACG

I am at the official hotel for the KCO - I think that's the Country Inn and Suites. Airfare from Dayton is ridiculously expensive. I was really shocked. Hopefully. My roommate flies into Minneapolis/St.Paul all the time and doesn't have a problem with prices, so hopefully I was just looking at the exact wrong time!

I will be staying at the Country Inn too. On the website they said they will have a room set up for all the knitters and crocheters to go to and meet, talk and of course crochet(knit) available. I will be coming in on friday and staying until Sunday. Maybe we can pick a time and all meet in that room? I am hoping to get a crochetville sweatshirt so I can wear it on saturday.

Gina

I will be staying at the Country Inn too. Maybe we can pick a time and all meet in that room?

Gina

Gina: Sounds like a good plan! Maybe when it gets closer we can PM some information that will help us find each other.

Depending on where you're coming from, check out the airfare at http://www.suncountry.com. They are usually way cheaper then the other 'big' airlines if your coming from one of the cities they service.

Does anyone know the location of the event inside MOA? :)

I went last year and I'll be going again this year. This time with some other crocheters. We won't be up until Saturday though. Last year the knit out site had a brochure listing times for all the demos and stuff. Has anyone seen anything like that yet?

melissa

• 1 month later...

Archived