"Seems to me there's a lot of gray area in between crocheting and flashing!"

Says Dr. Phil to his guest today who said that she isn't going to "stay home and crochet blankets or something" instead of going out and getting drunk and abandoning her family. This guest is, btw, 46 years old!

More details here on me blog...

I wrote the show and told em not to be dissing us crocheters! :hook

I saw that and thought to myself :think she has some real issues. She has no clue how much fun she's missing out on.I think we should all wear crochetville shirts and strut our stuff so folks quit thinking crocheters are grannies :grandma sitting in rocking chairs on god awful colored blankets we crocheted ourselves:hook

I saw that and thought to myself :think she has some real issues. She has no clue how much fun she's missing out on.I think we should all wear crochetville shirts and strut our stuff so folks quit thinking crocheters are grannies :grandma sitting in rocking chairs on god awful colored blankets we crocheted ourselves:hook

this is exactly why I just started the hip hooks crochet ring! To try to help do away with the granny image!

I mean...check out drew. He's no granny! No sir, not he! But his blankets are be-yootiful. They need to know about people like him :)

That sounds interesting, Ro, I'll think about linking my blog since it's the only site I have that's more crochet/knit related than my asp site.

this is exactly why I just started the hip hooks crochet ring! To try to help do away with the granny image!

I mean...check out drew. He's no granny! No sir, not he! But his blankets are be-yootiful. They need to know about people like him :)

Hey Ro, I am a granny, but the old fashioned stuff leaves me cold. I'll leave the doilies and the afghans to the young uns who've discovered them and think they're cool. :hook

I didn't watch the show and maybe I should start watching it again. I did go to his website and read the transcript of that segment and boy I wanted to slap that woman upside her head, not only for dissing crocheting but also for abandoning her kids then trying to justify it. :angry

I emailed a small piece of my mind (politely, mind you ;) ) to the show just now. Maybe more of us should do that, show them how many crocheters are actually out here ;)

:frog

Great letter Ro.

I taught myself to crochet when I was 18; hardly fits the granny image! Actually at that time it was considered very hip. (oops, me thinks I just dated myself! :lol )

I may be a grandma now and I may crochet blankets, but I'll take my very full life over her shallow one any day.

I'd rather stay home and crochet blankets than go out and get ****faced, flash some other drunk jack*** and stumble home hoping I don't fall down and break my neck.

:frog

That burns me up!!! Why do people always put us down? If more people stayed home and crocheted blankets or whatever maybe the world would be a better place. Instead of being out in bars or to busy doing non productive things they should try crocheting!! But thats one of the reasons I don't watch his show, I find him a bit offensive and to demeaning. He seems to think its his way or its wrong. I think the kids of the upcoming gerneration would love to have someone home crocheting blankets instead of no one home all the time. Instead of fancy cars & fancy things people should try going back to the basics. Its more fun and less stressful!!!

Sorry didnt mean to ramble on but I get ticked when people put us crocheters & crafters down.

kellyv

Maybe we should all email Dr. Phil and let him know that we crocheters won't stand for the slashing anymore. I would much prefer to be ranked among crocheters than a wife/mother who neglects her family to go out and get drunk, flashing strangers. Who knows, we might just get an apology.

Archived