Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts NOT Going Out of Business

LaurieE

After seeing several emails on some of the lists I'm on about Jo-Ann's declaring bankruptcy, I decided to call Jo-Ann's. I was told by several people (who were not very pleasant) that they are not filing for bankruptcy, have not filed for bankruptcy, and have no plans for filing for bankruptcy.

I know they are closing the smaller stores and opening much bigger a"Super" centers.

It was sad when they did close our smaller town store and opened one in the next town. But you get used to it and just travel down to the new one.

Bigger is better or so they say.

:manyheart

When I visited family in Milwaukee last month, the Joann's nearby had closed. Found the superstore and I was really impressed. Much more yarn than Michael's or AC Moore and they also had a huge fabric department; which the other craft stores don't have with real nice things for sewers and quilters. I'm not a quilter; but I know it's real popular now so I think there superstores will do very well. I spent way too much on buttons as they had a huge wall of buttons of all shapes and sizes.

Anige

:clapWhew , now where would I get my fabric for my quilts

They are the only place that has a good choice of fabric

the other places we have are Michales and AcMoores

I am so glad that they are not going out of business

Mine where I shop are hunting another place

They are in one of our older Malls

Advance Autos. wants to take most of where JoAnns is

so they keep hunting.

They just 'supersized' our JoAnns within the last year or so. I was just there couple of days ago and they are adding the rest of the building to it. It is HUGE now! I never went into JoAnns for my yarn because the selection was so slim but now it is the only really good place for me to go. Walmart is empty and Micheals is so small.

They closed the two small stores near me,opened a superstore and three years later closed that. Now I have to drive farther and shop there less. More of my business goes to Hancock, Hobby Lobby and Michael's.

Hmmm there were 2 in my home town, one on each end, and they closed one down, and the other is pretty small, though still open. But maybe they are working the plans for a super center, that'd be cool!

Has anyone heard of Hancock Fabrics? I had worked for them before, and then I got a notice in the mail that THEY were going bankrupt as well, but the store in my hometown is still open. Anyone know about those??

They closed the Hancock Fabric by my house a few years ago. So I had to go an extra "few" miles to the other one. I haven't been there in about a year. I LOVE their material selection (JoAnns was so small then) and it was the only place that sold the animal noses that I liked so much (Micheals and JoAnns did not sell them). I sent a friend there at Halloween time for material for costumes and she said they too went out of business! Now I have to order my noses online....:grumpy

I posted this ine a different folder, and I apologize for that.

I went to my (local) Jo-Anns yesterday and they are having a 20%-50% sale. I happened to make a comment about how messy and picked-over the yarn section was, and the manager overheard me and sad that that branch was closing. Its the one in the Palisades Mall in Nanuet in NY.

She did say that the one in Ramsey NJ was staying open though.

Have you been to the Hobby Lobby in Ocala yet? I could spend days in there!

I didn't know there was one so close!! :eek Mom went to TN for a week and she cvisited the Hobby Lobby there. We have never been to one even though I have heard ALL the praises! I was jealous of the deals she got when she was there ($9.99 lber for $.99!!)

I just called her...We might be making a road trip.

It takes me 1.5 hours to get there so I only go down every few months. A sales person in Joann's told me a few months ago that an HL will be opening in Gainesville. I hope so. It would certainly be a lot closer for me.

According to the HL website, there are several stores in Florida. So far, they're all north of Orlando.

Archived