Looking for Louisville Crocheters!!

curell5

Hey! I was thinking of starting up a crochet club. My mom has a tea parlor and I thought that would be a great place to meet and have tea and scones while we crochet. I am still new to crocheting, but am LOVING it!! I would love to have a few people to meet up with and show me new things. I belong to a knitting club, but they "look down on" crocheting. :think I figured I'd show them and start up a less snooty group!!! Mom's shop is located in Crestwood - east of Louisville in Oldham County. I was thinking January would be a great time to start. Anyone interested, let me know which days and times work best for you. I was thinking mid-mornings, once a month... As far as the tea parlor goes, Mom thought that she would charge $5.50 a person and that would get each of us a pot of tea and 2 scones. However, I don't think she would mind if someone just came in and asked for tea - I'll check on that!:hook

I'm in Harrodsburg, about an hour away. I'm also pretty new to crochet. I'd be interested in participating. Weekends are best for me. This sounds like fun. I've been wanting to start a group around here, too.

Well, Jingerelle, hopefully more people will see this post and be interested. I think it would be so much fun to be able to share our projects and learn from each other. I'm always looking for ways to make new friends, so I'm excited to get this going. If we're looking at weekends, and since you would have to drive a bit of a distance, what time of the day would be better for you. I know Mom's shop gets booked up pretty fast on Saturdays, so I would probably need to go ahead and get us into a time slot. Do you have a preference on which week of the month. I was thinking the second week of the month. That seems to be a slower time in general. I would love to get together every week, but I don't think that is very practical... Let me know what you think of all this!

• 1 month later...

there is a LYS that is crochet friendly there. I went to it when I took DH to Ft. Knox once. I can't remember the name of it but it was a nice little shop.

Sorry I haven't been on the computer for awhile. It feels like I've been around the world and back! I came down with mono right around thanksgiving and we have traveled to three different states to visit family during the christmas holidays. It is good to be home! Okay! I'm so excited to get this going! We can choose any time on a Saturday. It opens at 10am and closes at 4pm. I'm guessing we would want at the very least one hour - I'd love to be able to do 2 hours! What does everyone prefer? 10-12 or 2-4? That way it wouldn't interfere with lunch. Also, you wouldn't have to be there the entire 2 hours. Do you prefer once a month or twice a month? Mom won't be able to give us the party room (it is booked out for several months!) but we can use the tables that are in the other two rooms. Let me know your preferences!

Hey guys! Lets start next Sat (Jan 12) at 10am. :clap If anyone needs directions to Sisters Tea Parlor just let me know. It's really easy to get to. I will get there a few minutes early to get tables ready so let me know if you'll be there so I will know how many to expect. If there is anyone else you know in the area who would enjoy this, go ahead and invite them. We don't need to limit it to crocheters, but any yarn worker or needlepointer would be welcome. I guess even someone just wanting to sit and chat, too! :lol I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in person!

Just friends, my mother is coming, she use to knit and crochet, now she does alot of cross stitch, and she loves your mom's tea house. One girl that we are going to ask to come crochets, but she has a hard time reading patterns, two that we have told about it, don't really do crafts, but I think they both would like to if they had more help, and they like your mom's, and my mother-in-law does cross stitch. Hey I fiqured the more we can find, the more your mom lets us use the shop, and the more the word spreeds.

I always say "The more, the merrier!" Even if the other girls don't bring a project to work on, they can still visit and maybe we can suck them into our addiction! BTW, what project will you be bringing? I'm not sure which I'll bring. I would also love to see finished works.

The only replies that I have gotten are the ones you can see. I haven't checked the sewingmamas website yet, but yesterday noone had responded yet. It looks like it might be whoever comes with you and then me. I've invited several others that I know, but they can't make it this Saturday. I'm still excited and it will be fun to watch the group grow...

Hey, Amanda! Have your friends decided whether or not to come Saturday? I think my cousin and her friend are going to come. (They are knitters.) I am also going to let my Grandma know. My mom has put a reservation in for us. I told her we would need aobut 5-7 seats. If I'm off, I think it will be fine. Another thing we ]need to think about it if we want it to be adults only or put in an age limit. My 8 year old wants to come, but Mama wants some big girl time! I don't mind younger teens. What are your thoughts on that?

Jingerelle - are you still interested in coming to a crochet/knitting group? The news is on now and I here they have you in your basements in Harrodsburg. I hope all is well!

Okay I know me, my mom, Loreta who crochets, pretty sure Becky who tried to learn to crochet, and Elandra who crochets, and maybe Michelle who doesn't do anything but maybe we can rope her in, my mother in law, and Sandy who knits. So I say for those I have told between 4-8. Maybe we'll have the whole place full. LOL.

How are you doing, Amanda? I'm still hoping for a bigger turn out this weekend. Do we want to meet at the tea parlor again, or at my house? I'm open either way.

Can you believe how cold it is?!? Stay warm and have a really great week! Carrie

Let's make this meeting at the tea parlor again and then we can discuss where we want to meet.

At risk of sounding like a dork, I am making business cards to hand out to people with an email address so they can email me for info. I have invited so many people that I don't remember who said they were interested. I figured this way I can put the card in their hand and then they can email me with questions and I don't have to try to remember who to call and remind! vistaprint gives out free business cards with their info on the back, so I thought, what the heck! I don't mind paying for shipping and now I wont have to use my brain! hehe I still need to make a flyer for my moms shop and to put out other places.

Stay warm!

Archived