? Switching stitches with new color?

Shellybrook

Question

I'm working on a round ripple. I like the pattern, and enjoy the round ripple. I was thinking however for times sake...that I could switch to a longer stitch??? ie. I'm working DC, but was thinking on moving to trc as it might work faster, so that I can finish this one and move on to the next one (since my Mom just hinted at how much she loved it and thought one would look nice on her bed)

Do you think I could switch to a trc without hurting the integrity of the ripple effect?

Thx

2 answers to this question

:cheerIf you switch stitches now, you will have to adjust the pattern or it may start cupping.

You may not like the effect of a longer stitch and end up pulling it undone to do again so you are better to stick to the stitch you are doing now.

Maybe you can do the next one with a longer stitch, all over, but remember, you may have to increase every row to get it to stay flat.

You will need to be prepared to adjust as you go.

As soon as it looks like going frilly, do a round with no increase but if it starts cupping, then you need more stitches and may find you need to do a row with a shell of 3TR, CH2 3TR.

The longer the stitch, the more stitches you need in a row to keep it flat.

:thinkYou know, It would really just be easier in the long run, to do it to the pattern then experiment when you are not in a hurry.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Aggie, I hate to admit I tried it anyway before I got your reply. I just couldn't resist. Honestly I like it! The center is more "solid" and the further out you go the more "open" the work becomes.

I also hate to admit that my ripple is a little more "ripply" than they are supposed to be...well in the center anyway. I didn't alter the shell from small to large in accordance with the pattern to begin with...I think I was reading it wrong. I still love how its working. I really appreciate your advisement on adding a trc in the shell row to help keep it flat. so far it looks pretty good.

PS. I hate to pull my work apart. Its got to be pretty bad before I rippit. You wouldn't believe how much I've learned from my mistakes, and the mistakes that my mistakes create...etc..etc.

thanks for your help.

Archived