December 2007 C’Ville Totes

Tampa Doll

Can you believe it has been a year since I gave my first 2 Crochetville totes away? Both made with my favorite color (Blue), the difference was the pockets. One was white and one was blue. Little did I know at the time, they would be such a great way to say “thought you might like something to put your WIPS in.

Now 16 totes later I have made 2. I couldn’t decide between Christmas Past and Christmas Present. I love the subtle colors of the Victorian and yet the bright and bold colors of the present, each is beautiful in its own way.

They are made, of course from Peaches and Cream for the tote, Size 10 thread for the pocket and lettering, and outlined in Rayon.

Christmas Past Tote – tote is PNC Victorian Christmas #609, the pocket is Size #10 in Hunter Green, the lettering is in size #10 gold/gold, and outlined with America’s Best Rayon color Gold #78. The handles and the outline of the tote are done in PNC Cream.

Christmas Present Tote – The tote is PNC Christmas Ombre #204, the pocket is size #10 in Victory Red, The lettering is in Size #10 silver/silver, and outlined in America’s Best Rayon color Silver #76. The handles and the outline of the tote are done in PNC White.

Growing up my Mom always told me it was better to give then to receive. You know I never understood this till I got older and felt the warm feeling I get when I give something to someone and it makes them smile.

I have many happy memories of Christmas past. Even though some of my family are no longer with us, they are remembered in funny stories and lots of loving memories.

I ask you all to remember your Christmas past and to make loving memories of Christmas Present.:ctree

Here we are from start to finish.4x3PreCvilleChristmasVintagePresent.gif

th_8x6CvilleChristmasPastPresent.gif(clickable)th_8x6CvilleChristmasPastPresent001.gif

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are BOTH sooooooooo lovely, I don't know how anyone could pick a favorite of these two, and your sentiments, they couldnt be more on target, it IS better to give than recieve (unless your recieving one of YOUR totes :lol) and I am tryng to teach my family this year through the hard times of my bad health, and being off work, there will be no presents but the gift of God and our family being together and a great feast.

Bless you MaryJo, for I KNOW whomever recieves these totes will FEEL your LOVE and CARING in them just as I do mine.

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

Wow ~ you are so talented. Both are lovely ~ the victorian steels my heart though.

It does feel better to give ~ :manyheart You need to keep one for yourself, you sure deserve it.

You know me... I'm rather vintagey ( in age and mind :lol:lol) but they both are just wonderful... Mine is a constant companion... I even took it shopping with me in Raleigh the other day hoping to meet other Villites.....

... and as I get older I agree... lots more fun to give...

Mary Jo they're both beautiful (although I admit I think I like the one with the gold lettering a little better)!! I know the lucky recipients will really enjoy them.

I'm working on Christmas ornaments today. I'm so broke right now from all the vet bills I've had to pay out (esp for Kitsu's heart condition the past 2 months, he alone has almost broken the bank) I decided everyone was getting handmade ornaments from me. I bought some shatterproof ornaments and am making pretty ornament jackets for them. I've already made 2, and they're turning out so nice! I think the recipients will like them. I have a lot of folks to make them for, so I'll be cross-eyed from all the thread work when I'm done. :lol But for each of these, I imagine how much the recipient will appreciate the work and the sentiment of the gifts.

BTW, I'm using some of that wonderfully soft polyester thread I got in my Elmore-Pisgah grab bags a few months back. I got 11,000 yards of the stuff, so I have lots to make with it.

Archived