Crochet In The UK?

shazzeth

Any Brits floating around here? I've only encountered Americans and a couple from the Australia area, so I'm just wondering if there's any British/English members on here :think I feel quite overwhelmed hahaha!

Aha! I found you!

Feltboots; where near London? I was brought up in Hertfordshire...miss it very much.

To the west, north of Slough, south of Beaconsfield :D

Only bit of Hertfordshire I know is Hemel, having worked there for about 8 years some time ago. Some great pubs round there - always remember one that brewed it's own - a pint of Pickled Squirrel anyone ? :lol

I am a Brit living in the US! Originally from Southampton but spent every weekend for most of my life in Weymouth at a Haven park. Moved to the US in teen years. Got made fun of a lot this year when I went home for a visit and was crocheting away. As the rest of my family was headed to bingo each night, (starting at 18 years).

I am a Brit living in the US! Originally from Southampton but spent every weekend for most of my life in Weymouth at a Haven park. Moved to the US in teen years. Got made fun of a lot this year when I went home for a visit and was crocheting away. As the rest of my family was headed to bingo each night, (starting at 18 years).

Aha! Weymouth is 8 miles from me, so if you've been there you would SURELY know where Dorchester is?:blush

Of course I know, drove through it on the way from southampton to weymouth each week. Gosh I get so homesick, but I feel as if its a different country now than when I left, its basically a really expensive america now. So much has changed! Hubby and I keep discussing moving back some day! If I do, or if I am going to weymouth on a holiday I will try to remember to set something up to meet.

Wahey!! Small world :D When did you last visit Weymouth/Dorchester?

You're right...the UK is mad now. Not necessarily a nice place to be all of the time. Not necessarily where I live, not as bad anyway, but in other parts it's really getting bad. Dorchester is actually really boring, apart from the market [ which is on today ]. I love the market. Weymouth has changed a lot in recent years though...it's not such a nice place to be anymore...especially late afternoon-evening. You start getting drunks everywhere in the summer and it's quite intimidating. Hopefully it'll clear up with the 2012 Olympic sailing being there!

Archived