What thread washes well, and won't FADE???

crochetingmomof4

I made a little sunhat for my daughter from Caron Grandma's Best thread. It was big on her, so being cotton, I just washed and dried it in hopes it would shrink some. It came out kind of stiff, rather wrinkled, and sadly it FADED noticeably...in just one washing! It was a nice dusty rose, and now it's this dull pink...the stitches look almost kind of matted even. So, I'd love to hear what you think is the best thread all around...for working with, for washing, and NO FADING!!!

I already posted the hat in the Show & Tell section, but here's the hat before I washed it...

Ksunhat.jpg

Ksunhatsideview.jpg

I don't have a suggestion for you really, but your daughter is ADORABLE! She's just beautiful.

My suggestion. Hand wash it. I think this is what is suggested on the threads anyways.

Someone else may know of a machine washable thread but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Thanks for your reply, and for your nice words about my daughter! You know, I forgot to mention, I used this very same thread in the same color for a little princess dress for her before she was born. The same thing happened to that dress, only I thought it just happened over time. I only ever handwashed that little dress, so I don't think even handwashing would help. :(

The threads I'm selling are guaranteed colorfast. I've been using those brands ever since I started crocheting again. My cellphone cozy which I handwash frequently is still the same color since I made it. Also my scrunchies which I use everyday to match my clothes. :D

Archived