Another Pair of Crocheted Slippers

bjc1050

I made these for my DD for Christmas. I'm not sure they will be large enough for her, but will enclose an I.O.U. for a larger size if they are too small. I chose to make a flower for trim instead of pompoms. The pattern is in the Leisure Arts Cozy Slippers and Throws. They only took about 2 weeks from start to finish. If I had focused more time on them, they probably could have been in a little over a week.

I hope to get a photo of them on her feet at Christmas time.

PB240003.jpg

PB240001.jpg

Beverly

Thanks for the compliments. I had trouble when attempting to make the 2nd pompom...it fell apart. Then I remembered my Boye Bloom Loom. Such a handy gadget. I have a Crazy Daisy Winder, also, but the spokes are a sharp metal that poke you if you are not careful.

Beverly

BTW, I used Red Heart Soft yarn in teal for these and am trying the dimensinonal fabric paint to make the bottoms non-slip. Don't know how it will work out. The paint sticks, but feels pretty smooth. I probably should have selected the matte formula rather than gellie.

Those slippers are great...I love the color of them. Can you share what pattern you used?

The pattern is for the Leisure Time Slippers & Throw in the Leisure Arts booklet Cozy Slippers and Throws which I found in a clearance bin at Walmart. They are rated for beginners. The throw that goes with them is a Granny square throw...the squares appear to have raised /clustered flowers. Its pattern number 4 on page 15.

I used Red Heart Soft teal.

Beverly

Archived