Star of David Yarmulke Done!!!

hookdonU

I made this for my husband for the 1st night of Hanukkah. He has not had a yarmulke since moving out on his own ( he lost the one that his Grandmother gave him for his Bar Mitzvah). I hope he likes it. I am very pleased with it. :clap:cheer:hook

http://picasaweb.google.com/boogeebutt/CrochetProjects/photo#5136543173013960706

very pretty. there is a great yarmulke design book out there called Complete Guide to Yarmulka Design by Ricky Wolbrom and Mati Jacobovits. if you're into thread crochet, i'd seriously recommend it. i've used the charts in it to design a filet crochet banner that i really will get done someday :-)

Very good looking. I'm sure he'll love it and it'll be very special as you made it. I've seen so many cool ones, both hand made and not. It's amazing how much 'style' one can have and still be proper :P

• 9 years later...

I make pocket prayer shawls (4 in. squares with a cross), and someone requested the Jewish star for some friends. I was looking for this pattern, but the link is off. I had a 6 pointed star pattern (maybe this one), but I can't find it. Anyone know how to contact hookdonU? Any patterns for a 6 pointed star (4 - 4 1/2 in. square/hexagon) would be helpful.

3 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I make pocket prayer shawls (4 in. squares with a cross), and someone requested the Jewish star for some friends. I was looking for this pattern, but the link is off. I had a 6 pointed star pattern (maybe this one), but I can't find it. Anyone know how to contact hookdonU? Any patterns for a 6 pointed star (4 - 4 1/2 in. square/hexagon) would be helpful.

Maybe you could shrink down my blanket square https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chanukah-afghan

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Ellie 13 said:

I'm sure your Pocket Prayer Shawls are very special to their recipients. "HookdonU was going through some serious health issues back in 2010 (her last post that I see anyway) and I don't remember her being on here since then.

You could take a chance and send her a private message from here. Scroll to one of her posts on this discussion and click on her name on the left.  Look for the "Message" button to click on to write to her. If she still keeps her contact info current, she should receive a message from you regarding the Star of David square you seek.

Also, this link is a crochet graph for a square with the Star of David.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived