Christmas Tree Skirt 2007

crochetkim

Hi, everyone! Yesterday, I did this tree skirt. I have a tree for the first time in five years and I wanted something purple. Purple in a tree skirt is a little hard to find so I definitely decided to crochet it up. I used TLC Amore in the color grape and Caron Bliss for the trim in the color snow.

treeskirt2007.jpg

It turned out great and matches everything perfectly! :hook

Kim, I love it! Purple is my very favorite color anyway, always has been. One of the tabletop trees that I put up in the bedroom I do all in shades of purple with gold and silver.

You did that in a day? You must be extremely quick with a hook! :lol That would have taken me at least two days, maybe three! I can do lacy looking things fairly quickly, but a closed stitch like that takes me a lot longer.

Elle

Thank you, everyone! I'm not sure that I crochet all THAT fast, Elle. I think it's just that I will crochet for long, long periods of time. I don't think I crochet slowly. But, I don't think I'm as fast as say, Lisa Gentry or Lily Chin. ;) I have now posted the pattern as well and it can be found here:

http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/christmastreeskirt.html

Thank you, all! :manyheart Yes, the tree skirt is really soft. I have no doubt whatsoever that, if I still had a cat, he would be asleep under the tree right now. Terry, if you really want to see my decorated Mardi Gras Christmas tree, there is a photo of it in my blog. :-)

Terry, if you really want to see my decorated Mardi Gras Christmas tree, there is a photo of it in my blog. :-)

Oh crochetkim, I love your Mardi Gras tree.

What a wonderul :ideaidea.

Last weekend on one of those crafty shows they put small christmas bulbs or fake flowers or branches and put christmas lights in a large vase like that when they turn it on ,,oh wow it was beautiful. It has given me lots of ideas!

Oh crochetkim, I love your Mardi Gras tree.

What a wonderul :ideaidea.

Last weekend on one of those crafty shows they put small christmas bulbs or fake flowers or branches and put christmas lights in a large vase like that when they turn it on ,,oh wow it was beautiful. It has given me lots of ideas!

Thank you! I have to admit that it took some creative thought to come up with some kind of decorations for the tree that the little guy couldn't break. That's why I went with the Mardi Gras decorations. They're pretty and beautiful colors. Of course, now my daughter and I are kicking around the idea of keeping the tree up all year and changing the decorations with the season! :heehee

Archived