S O S---sensitive issue -- READ POST #105 AND VISIT MY BLOG

Terri/LadySorce

Mine should be there there soon.. I mailed them Tuesday or Wednesday..

I will post when I get them Lea. :hug

I want to thank each and everyone that has supported me and my family. Your continued support and love on here has really helped me in my time of need. I am glad that we are able to give them love and a roof over their heads. Their mom finally past her test in the Army and will be flying home tomorrow morning. The boys can't wait to show her the squares that have come in so far. :hug:crocheting:manyheart

Thank you all again!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoe sizes are 13 & 1/2, 3 & 8

I hope this is allowed. In no way am I asking for you to go out and purchase shoes and/or socks for the boys. I am just asking for 8in squares for them. I don't want anyone to get into trouble here.

Just to clarify why Terri said this: one of our standard forum guidelines is that members aren't supposed to solicit other members for donations of clothing, household goods, gift cards, furniture, luxury cars, you get the picture. :lol

Terri hasn't asked for anything beyond the comfortghan squares.

But we have many, many generous members who have wanted to and have offered to send her other items the boys might be able to use. The members brought this up themselves, even though Terri had NOT asked for anything. To avoid confusing other members, these arrangements have all been handled privately with PMs.

Since the latest request by a member who wants to help is for crocheted socks/slippers, and since we ARE a crocheting forum and socks/slippers aren't that much different from comfortghan squares (in a manner of speaking), I don't see any problem with this request being posted in this thread. So there's no problem with people posting that they want to send crocheted (even knitted! SSHHHH!) socks/slippers and even posting pics of what they've sent, and no problem with Terri making the sizes available publicly.

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to these boys and Terri and her husband in this difficult time!

Amy

I promise to send my stuff on Monday,I'm just getting things together. Luckily I finished the squares before my wrist flare up!

Sent my box out on Monday the nice lady at Island Shipping said it should arrive via UPS on Friday! There are a few more goodies in there for the boys besides the squares. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took my package to USPS on Monday, 1-7-08. It was actually really humorous... the "emergency alarm" went off while I was there and we had to evacuate. What a day! They should have arrived by today... I sent 6. two of each color. :):D:clap

• 2 weeks later...

Terri do you still need squares for your boys?

I have had them ready to mail out since last Wednesday but that morning I turned wrong or some think and have been on my back since till today:(

My back is still hurting but not like it was thank the lord! Anyway my hubby said he will take my packages to the Post Office tomorrow for me.

I just want to make sure before I send them out.

Hugs,

Hello Terri I just got back from the Post Office and you have three squares heading your way. Hope you can still use them :)

hugs,

sissie

Thank you so much. Yes, I can still use the squares.

Hope your back is feeling much better today :hug

Terri

As of last night. Our son, his soon to be wife (mom of the boys, our grandsons), and the boys have moved into their own duplex!!!

They have lots of clothes and toys now. Their mom went and did her "Battle Hand Offs" (not sure if I am saying that right), over the weekend and got her current orders. She does NOT have to go to Iraq for the next 6 months!!! :yay:yay:yay

Her squad was already called up before she was assigned to them. So now she can stay at home and be with her boys. Or if she wants, she can find a job and help out.. lol.

I just wanted to thank everyone that helped out with squares and those that went beyond to help out. With out your help, I'm not sure where we all would be right now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :manyheart

Crochetville People are the most caring people on earth!!!

May all of you be blessed!!

Terri/LadySorce

Archived