S O S---sensitive issue -- READ POST #105 AND VISIT MY BLOG

Terri/LadySorce

There are so many shades of blue out there...but I had a Light Periwinkle which seemed perfect...hope it's what you were looking for. Also, I was going to wash them, but thought that would be better left for you to do once the ghans are joined.

No cats in this house, just dogs...and I was careful, so there shouldn't be any fur on them;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like there will be plenty of squares. Would you need any hand-me-downs? My youngest is a girl and oldest a boy but he is 19 so that wouldn't help I know, but I could find something from friends and family. I do have some teddy bears and hot wheels. I'm just right down the road in Chelsea.

I hope to have mine out on Monday. I finally found my reversible square pattern! This is my favourite pattern of all time. :cheer:clap:cheer!

Terri, is there a certain time you need all the squares by? I have four done, and am working on the blue ones now.... (I had to go get some blue first...) :hook

:manyheart

Thanks

Tina

I've been getting squares in almost daily now. :manyheart

The boys are surprized to learn where they are coming from. This is a good lesson to learn where the states are :yes

I thank each and everyone of you for sending the squares for the boys.

11-28-07 AuntBubbels

11-28-07 Cat3Crazy

11-29-07 SCG51055

11-30-07 CrochetingMama

11-30-07 Judianne

12-01-07 Tampadoll

12-01-07 MyThunderbird

12-01-07 Angelfire

12-04-07 Leslie

12-04-07 Blondie

12-05-07 Empress Busy Bee

12-06-07 Pineknott

12-06-07 wiz3283

12-07-07 CDBear:hug Thank you so much!!

12-08-07 Sues

12-10-07 minwifeof4boys

12-10-07 Christina Kadelski & Desiree

12-13-07 nana

12-14-07 Sheryl

12-14-07 K. Plausky (hope I am spelling that right)

12-14-07 HappyOldCro

12-14-07 SockMad <--- Thank You!

12-15-07 Jessica Polk

12-15-07 Hayhook :hug:hugThank You again.

12-18-07 Princess ~ Thank you for the Angel as well

12-24-07 Becky Morgan

12-24-07 WindyKnollfarm :hug

12-26-07 TracyLeigh

01-07-08 Mr/Ms. J. Buring from Ancram, NY ~ I'm sorry, I can't find your C'ville name on my list. BIG THANK YOU!

01-10-08 Mr/Ms. J. Buring Thank you again!!

01-26-08 Sissie44

02-04-08 Mom w/a Motif

02-09-08 BeasteezGurl

02-09-08 Victoria

A very special "Thank You" for the christmas elf who sent me a very warm shawl with some of the same very soft yarn. You don't know how timely that was. Here in North East Oklahoma, we were hit with an Ice Storm on Sunday evening and we lost our power on Monday morning. We've been without electric since then. We are lucky to have a fireplace. We have plenty of oil lamps with oil for them and now my candle supply is low.. lol. We got our electric back up this morning. Our neighborhood looks like a war zone now with all the tree limbs down. None of them damaged the house (touches wood).

We learnt more of how our ancestors survived without electricity and forced heating. We all gathered around the fireplace and played games. I even tryed to teach the older grandsons how to crochet. They were doing good until I showed them how to do the chain with a hook. They got it and I called them "My little hookers" now. They laughed at that.

Thank you all again.

I will keep this updated as they come in :hug

Thank you all again!:hug

I just wanted to say, even though I can't send squares, that what you are doing in taking them in is wonderful, I know, I've been that kid. They might not show their appreciation now, but it will definitely impact their lives positively and they will realize it, especially once they're "all grown up"

Oh my goodness. I just started a project last night with the intent to use up all the balls of yarn i have piling up. My basket is overflowing. I will be happy to make some squares and send them to you. Please PM me a name and address to send them to. Hugs to All of you.

I too figure you are going to get plenty of squares. :clap is there anything else we could help with. :think I'm sure we could help with other things too. :yes I have grandsons 3 and 1 and 3 grandaughters 9,6,1,:hug and i know how i would feel if someone was hurting them. :angry God Bless You. :manyheart You have taken on alot to help save those boys.:clap:clap Let us know if there is ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP.:yes buT IF YOU DO NEED MORE SQUARES PLEASE LET US KNOW THAT TOO.

I finally got my squares in the mail. It's snowing here in Iowa and the roads are pretty slick. But I stopped by the post office on my way home from work and then waited until the bumper-to-bumper traffic thinned out a little befoe coming on home. Your squares should arrive in a couple of days.

Can you post shoe and sock sizes? I know some of these caring ladies could make some socks or slippers.

shoe sizes are 13 & 1/2, 3 & 8

I hope this is allowed. In no way am I asking for you to go out and purchase shoes and/or socks for the boys. I am just asking for 8in squares for them. I don't want anyone to get into trouble here.

Archived