S O S---sensitive issue -- READ POST #105 AND VISIT MY BLOG

Terri/LadySorce

Wednesday will be a day I won't forget for a long while. We got temporay custody of our grandsons. The youngest one (6) was being abused by the step father. He has some very deep bruses on his bottom. We've called the sheriff of our town, took him to the ER, and now we've had to file in the town where it happened. Our grandson's mom is in the Army and she had to have Red Cross help fly out here. So now we are in the process of getting all the legal paperwork ready for her to show the JAG lawyer on Monday, and get her divorce going from him and temporay custody for us. Kids need to enrolled into school. The Kids have NOTHING. Only the clothes on their back. Their step dad really treated them badly. Gave all their clothes away to family members. We can't afford anything right but can give them lots of love.

I was also hoping that this great group of crocheters could help me out. I would love for each grandson to have their own blanket. The oldest (13yo) favorite color is black. He said that red would be ok to have in the black.. lol. The Middle child (11yo), his favorite color is Sky Blue, and finally, the youngest (6yo), his favorite color is red. So if you could make squares that are 8 inches, I could assemble them here. I just don't have the time to make each one a blanket right now. I thank you all in advance from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry this is so long, but much has happened since wednesday and my head is spinning :(:lol

Any questions, I will try my best to answer them all.

Blessings

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy to help...

You need to contact an admin and have your post flipped over to "comfortghans" so everyone will know!

You are doing a wonderful thing to take the kids from this terrible situation.

Sky Blue-would that be the light style or a deeper blue?

great question ... here in New England it would depend on whether it was summer or winter sky blue! One is light blue (warm) and the other is deep "crystal" blue (winter). Both are lovely but definitely different.

I would love to help!! PM me your address where to send them, and I will make some squares this week and get them out by the end of the week.

I have 4 grandsons who I have made afghans for, and they all love them, so I know your boys will too. Those boys are very lucky that you were there to take them out of that horrible situation. May God Bless you and your family.

I am sending squares. Thank you for the pm. I thought I already replied to this thread but I see I only pm'd you!!!

I actually already have a couple black squares done and will be working on the others today, so hopefully I will get them in the mail tomorrow.

:hug

Archived