Advice Needed for a Comfortghan

wendyRN

Hi ladies. I need some advice. A friend of mine on the court tv websites was in a horrible accident. I have seen you guys get togethe to make these ghans before. I asked on that website if anyone wanted to help make her a comfortghan. i've got more squares coming than i know what to do with, lol.

one of my questions is this...i have noticed on alot of the threads here that when you recieve the squares you edge them. Since I have never made an afghan using granny squares...should i do this too? does it make it easier to crochet them together?

any other help would also be welcome. TIA!

Wendy,

I've assembled a couple ghans and have a couple more here to get together, edging them definitely makes it easier to stitch them together, because not all the squares are the same, and edging them allows you to get the same number of sts on each side, and let's you bring all the squares together with a common color and in my opinion makes it look nicer.

Good luck hun!

• 2 weeks later...

I've only done 1 comfortghan. I didn't edge the squares and it came out just fine. That could be because I used the ch and stitch method.

Archived