Wow! Just finished my first piece!

TrendyTurner

:yay It just happens to be a scarf because I thought it might be the easiest. The pattern is from this book that I got from Borders. The pattern is by a designer named Denise Cozzitorto. This book Visually Crocheting is really helpful! :jumpyay It taught me how to do a lot of the stitches. I used Lions Brand Homespun yarn, but didn't end up using as much as it called for. Here's the final product! Next I want to try a hat!

forums.jpg

HPIM1123.jpg

(I resized the images to 261x480 pixels and 358x480. I hope those are okay sizes)

That is beautiful! You did a wonderful job! Am I understranding this right? This is your first crochet project? I am very impressed if it is! I have that book and want to make that scarf...just haven't found the time yet! Congrats on a beautiful scarf!!! :hug

Yep! Very first finished project. I had another scarf I tried to make but all my stitches were way too tight and so it was a horrible mess! Haha. I should probably try and take it apart and see if I can salvage the yarn. The scarf project itself is really beautiful, but on a taller person it might look a little thin. I'm pretty short myself. Might have to add another row of double crochets if you want it thicker. I asked for a couple of pattern books for x-mas too so I will hopefully have some really trendy designs to make sweaters and such. :manyheart

Well! Off I go to try and find more yarn! :yarn

Very pretty! It looks so nice and warm and snuggly. Great job, much better than my first finished project when I picked it back up a few years ago. I groan every time I see mom wearing the scarf, but she loves it, imperfections and all.

Love it! I know I wouldn't have been able to work with Homespun on my first project, so that's pretty awesome that you could. :hook

Haha, I almost couldn't. But with a little relaxation and a bigger hook it was a lot easier. I had to try a few times to get it right for sure. That stuff gets twirled really easily.

Archived