newthingcrochet

Supposed to be shawl, now cape

I wanted to make a 3/4 round shawl for my SIL for Christmas, but then found out that we would only see them at Thanksgiving so had to do this in a week!:eek I couldn't find a pattern I liked and was having trouble designing one on my own so I combined this doily pattern http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Ripe.html with the purple poncho pattern from Amazing Crochet Lace. Unfortunately, after I killed it (and it needed killing bad) it grew several inches. So I decided she can just stick her arms out the holes and call it a cape! So here's the pics, all taken by my 5 yr old dd. She's getting better and better at it! (excuse the frumpy clothes, we're leaving tomorrow so doing laundry today)

th_P1010444.jpg

th_P1010439.jpg

th_P1010435.jpg

What a gorgeous piece!!!! That really looks spectacular! You did an absolutely WONDERFUL job on that! :cheer:manyheart

Elle

Thanks everyone. I was feeling a little not sure about this shawl, being so large and lacier than I intended, but you all boosted my confidence! I figure if she doesn't want to wear it she can hang it on her couch to look pretty!