My first set hat and scarf

Cherilynn

I like that sort of thing myself, so I'd be happy with it. I would perhaps add a bit of the scarf colour elsewhere on the hat also - a motif, a single row - just something to balance the hat a little. As it is, the hat will look great with the scarf, but perhaps a little unbalanced if worn on it's own IMO.

I like that sort of thing myself, so I'd be happy with it. I would perhaps add a bit of the scarf colour elsewhere on the hat also - a motif, a single row - just something to balance the hat a little. As it is, the hat will look great with the scarf, but perhaps a little unbalanced if worn on it's own IMO.

You know I had considered doing that... but I coudln't think the best way to do it (I didn't think of it till after I finished the hat, perhaps I'll try to figure something out later LOL)

I think it's really cute! I am in total disagreement with your DH. :)

What was it that made him not like it? How does it look "out of place"?

Elle

He said he didn't like the trim I did (the same yarn as the scarf) he said that adding it to the hat looked out of place. I guess he would have liked the plain grey hat, but I told him I liked it so I left it, I usually listen to him and his advice normally he makes good points... but I just didnt' agree this time :)

I like that set.

I can see - sort of - where your husband is going with his remark. I too would add a flower or some other motif to the hat just to make the connection between the two items.

Oh, and adding a flower to the scarf with the hat yarn might strengthen the connections but I don't think that any extra is absolutely needed.

Archived