6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more for Sunday's design event!!

Design Event!...I really like the sound of that. :yes Until I received the email explaining exactly what we are to do on Sunday, I had no idea that we'd get to design the afghans! I love to design things and color coordinate and all that. :yay

So YAY! :cheer

Design Event!...I really like the sound of that. :yes Until I received the email explaining exactly what we are to do on Sunday, I had no idea that we'd get to design the afghans! I love to design things and color coordinate and all that. :yay

So YAY! :cheer

Okay, I admit :blush "Put Together Event" was not the best name for it but who knew four years ago when I started The Handmade Afghans Project it would get this big..... of course we should also call it "Get Together Event" since it's one of the times we actually gather as a group. The other being at Knitting/Crocheting Circles - we need more of those.

Deborah, I agree about needing more crochet circles...which is why I'm taking the time to get two of my neighbors into it again...and the young girl:hook

Deborah, I agree about needing more crochet circles...which is why I'm taking the time to get two of my neighbors into it again...and the young girl:hook

Thank you :crocheting That's also the point of the Forum - try and see if there are HAP volunteers near each other that don't know each other.

Btw check out the newest poll .......

Here's to LOTS more 6"x9" acrylic rectangles so we can thank MANY more wounded in service to our country!!! :hug

Hi I just came back from the post office and I mailed the afghan I put together and 20 6x9 rectangles. I am sorry that I did not get them out earlier this week as I had to get my car inspected among other things that kept me from going to the post office. Please keep me in mind if you need another one put together as I would be honored to do it for you. Thanks and I will be thinking of you tomorrow during your put together. Have fun.....

There you go... we are on our way for LOTS of 6"x9" rectangles for the April event. Thanks. I'll let you know when they arrive.

P.S. If you are on the HAP Forum can you post a note that you would be willing to crochet together another (or maybe two) rectangle sets. It will help me remember - so much to remember only so much brain space :D

I want to thank you and all involved in the project. My husband was a veteran twice over. The only "wound" he suffered was loss of most of his hearing. But these brave young men are over there, willing to die to keep you and I safe here at home. I've always had an interest in doing something for them, but my income prevented me from helping in most of the usual ways. But I have a whole box of yarn. This is something people on limited budgets like me, can do to help. Great project, and great work guys.

I will go in and post that on your email as a reminder and yes I would be willing to do two blanket put togethers for you. I will still be making the rectangles for the next put together. Thanks you guys are doing so much to help our men and women in the military. I also have a husband that is in the AF and he will be going back in Aug. so this is my way of helping out.

I want to thank you and all involved in the project. My husband was a veteran twice over. The only "wound" he suffered was loss of most of his hearing. But these brave young men are over there, willing to die to keep you and I safe here at home. I've always had an interest in doing something for them, but my income prevented me from helping in most of the usual ways. But I have a whole box of yarn. This is something people on limited budgets like me, can do to help. Great project, and great work guys.

Thank you to your husband for his service. It really is appreciated!!! :sstar

Please drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net so I can send you more information..... and

Remember EVERY Rectangle Counts!!

Deborah,

I mailed out the rectangle set I joined together. I had planned to send it out last week but had to have some work done on my car and it threw my whole schedule off. I didn't send any extra rectangles with this shipment sicne you won't need them until the next PTE so I can have some more time to add to them.

Deborah,

I mailed out the rectangle set I joined together. I had planned to send it out last week but had to have some work done on my car and it threw my whole schedule off. I didn't send any extra rectangles with this shipment sicne you won't need them until the next PTE so I can have some more time to add to them.

Ken,

I look forward to seeing the finished handmade afghan - I'll let you know when it arrives. Don't forget to check out the pictures of all our finished handmade afghans. Go to our website www.rectangle6x9.org and click on the shutterfly link.

So are you interested in another rectangle set????? Thanks, Deborah

Ken,

So are you interested in another rectangle set????? Thanks, Deborah

Sure, send another one my way...it was a lot of fun putting one together because you get to see all the different ways that different people make rectangles...I saw you guys put together over 160 this weekend.

...I saw you guys put together over 160 this weekend.

We designed and pinned 164 - so there are LOTS to be :crocheting crocheted together.....

on our way to meeting the delivery needs to

Walter Reed Army Medical Center

and

Bagram Combat Airfield Hospital in Afghanistan...

My friend and I had a GREAT time yesterday at the PTE! It was lots of fun designing the afghans and meeting everyone. I hope I can make the next one too.

I brought one afghan home to crochet together. We'll see how that goes and maybe I'll take another one.

We designed and pinned 164 - so there are LOTS to be :crocheting crocheted together.....

on our way to meeting the delivery needs to

Walter Reed Army Medical Center

and

Bagram Combat Airfield Hospital in Afghanistan...

I'll see if I can get the lady I work with to request a set from you as well.:hook

Red67 I'm glad I found this post. With my husband being ex-military this is a charity close to my own heart. I will be making some rectangles soon.

If you have not already, please drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net so I can send you more information..... and

Remember EVERY Rectangle Counts!!

Deborah S-A

Founder and National/International Coordinator

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

Red67 I'm glad I found this post. With my husband being ex-military this is a charity close to my own heart. I will be making some rectangles soon.

:manyheart Please thank your husband; for me and my family and all people for his service to our country...God Bless you both.

Not that one needs another motive to crochet for such a good cause, but I'm finding these rectangles a terrific way to try out new texture stitches (nothing lacy or loose, but combinations of sc, hdc and dc that make interesting patterns). It's fun to be able to do something new in a manageale size, and since I'm making all the rectangles out of the same yarn, they'll still go together even though they're different stitiches. I hope.

Not that one needs another motive to crochet for such a good cause, but I'm finding these rectangles a terrific way to try out new texture stitches (nothing lacy or loose, but combinations of sc, hdc and dc that make interesting patterns). It's fun to be able to do something new in a manageale size, and since I'm making all the rectangles out of the same yarn, they'll still go together even though they're different stitiches. I hope.

Hi Miss Jill-of-all-trades...... are you still in my neighborhood?

Just so you know, when we design the afghans we make sure to include the 6"x9" rectangles from many people so... some of your 6"x9" rectangles will be used in several different handmade afghans. It helps to spread the word that many different people are sending good wishes and thoughts.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service, Deborah

P.S. if you are still in the neighborhood you could drop off the finished 6"x9" rectangles with my parents. Email if you need the address.

This sounds like something I might do. Except I'd have to wait a couple of months, I have a couple of large projects with deadlines to finish first. :blink

Archived