6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

2 rectangles done. Im so excited.

Star, do you want these when I have a 'bunch'? or in dribs and drabs?

:yay Good going on the 2 "6"x9" rectangles" -

Remember ... EVERY Rectangle Counts!!

It is up to you when you send the 6"x9" rectangles...

our upcoming Put Together Event (where we lay out afghans) is

February 3rd - if you could mail the 6"x9" rectangles this week we could use them then.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deborah,

Would it be ok to do tunisian crochet in the 6 X 9 rectangles? I have some variegated yarn that looks super in tunisian.

I'm my way to having several more ready to send your way. :cheer

Deborah,

Would it be ok to do tunisian crochet in the 6 X 9 rectangles? I have some variegated yarn that looks super in tunisian.

I'm my way to having several more ready to send your way. :cheer

I did a few Tunisian stitch rectangles in the batch I sent. It makes a very nice rectangle.

I did a few Tunisian stitch rectangles in the batch I sent. It makes a very nice rectangle.

The Tunisian stitch 6"x9" rectangles are a nice addition to the handmade afghans. It's nice to have different stitches to add interest....

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service, Deborah

Ken,

Forgot to "warn" :wink you - the rectangle set is on it's way.... let me know if you have any questions when you start to crochet it together.

Thanks!!! Deborah S-A

Okay Deborah, I will be on the lookout for it. I will certainly ask if I have any questions because I do not want to mess this up in any way. Though the instructions in the email seemed pretty clear I will let you know if I have any problems.:hook

Deborah,

When I got home yesterday the box of rectangles was waiting for me. I will get to work on it this weekend and should be able to send it back next week...:hook

Have Fun!! :crocheting and let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, you are welcome to make 6"x9" rectangles from any of the put together yarn that is left.

We ALWAYS need 6"x9" rectangles!!!!

For 2008 we will need over 28,000 6"x9" rectangles to meet our delivery committments to Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Bagram Combat Medical Center in Afghanistan.

Remember - Every Rectangle Counts!!!

Thanks, Deborah

Have Fun!! :crocheting and let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, you are welcome to make 6"x9" rectangles from any of the put together yarn that is left.

For 2008 we will need over 28,000 6"x9" rectangles to meet our delivery committments to Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Bagram Combat Medical Center in Afghanistan.

Thanks, Deborah

I will....and I already figured I would make some rectangles from the left-over Aran yarn...~__^ :hook

Thanks, Deborah

I did that with both of the ones I put together. The first time I was able to make more as it was a larger skein, but I was thrilled to put it together with the a varigated type as it was an intersting combination. I am waiting patiently for another set, I know how busy you are with the PTE event and pray that you are able to put together tons of rectangles.

Right now I am down to the last few rectangle sets from our 16th Put Together Event - the one that was in December. After the February 3rd event I'll start mailing sets to be crocheted together

Before that feel free to make more 6"x9" acrylic rectangles!!! :crocheting

We will need them for the April 6th event!!

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country!!

Hi Deborah,

I have my rectangle set all put together :cheer It was fun and really easy to do with the instructions you gave. I also have 20 or so more rectangles done and was going to mail them tomorrow. I think you should have them before next weekend.

After the next PTE you can send me another rectangle set (or 2) if you need to. I would be more than happy to put some more together.

here is the pattern link that I had problems with the other day

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/granny_squares/f101012_chainlinksampler.shtml

I used a G hook and 22 chains to begin to make a 6 " beginning and crocheted until it reached 9"

Thanks so much for posting this link!!! I had never seen or tried this one before and I just love it! :manyheart After a few pattern repeats you don't even have to look at the pattern any more. I love how the rectangles look, a little something different than just hdc.

Hi Deborah,

I have my rectangle set all put together :cheer It was fun and really easy to do with the instructions you gave. I also have 20 or so more rectangles done and was going to mail them tomorrow. I think you should have them before next weekend.

After the next PTE you can send me another rectangle set (or 2) if you need to. I would be more than happy to put some more together.

You are on!! I'll add you to the mailing list for rectangle sets after the PTE. Looks like right now we have enough 6"x9" for over 100 afghans - we were aiming for 200 but...... maybe next time :)

Every one is one more wounded warrior we can thank!!

I am still working on my rectangle set. I am on the fourth row. I try my best to do this every night, but things do get in the way. Thanks for letting me know on here that I can use the put together yarn to make 6x9 rectangles to return in the box. I would love to do another set when you start sending them out.

I am still working on my rectangle set. I am on the fourth row. I try my best to do this every night, but things do get in the way. Thanks for letting me know on here that I can use the put together yarn to make 6x9 rectangles to return in the box. I would love to do another set when you start sending them out.

Okay!! It will be after the February 3rd PTE ....

meanwhile

More 6"x9" acrylic rectangles are needed!!

We will need 28,000 in 2008.... and am a long way from that right now.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah S-A

Thanks so much for posting this link!!! I had never seen or tried this one before and I just love it! :manyheart After a few pattern repeats you don't even have to look at the pattern any more. I love how the rectangles look, a little something different than just hdc.

I love it and it really does go quickly.

A box is on the way with 40 more rectangles (I had a little extra :crocheting time last night and this morning before I went to the post office) and the finished afghan. The PO said 2 to 3 days so it should get there in time.

A box is on the way with 40 more rectangles (I had a little extra :crocheting time last night and this morning before I went to the post office) and the finished afghan. The PO said 2 to 3 days so it should get there in time.

wow that is almost enough to make another afghan. You are going to make Deborah very happy.

Awesome!! :cheer Another step towards our goal of laying out 200 handmade afghans at the PTE. Right now we don't have enough 6"x9" rectangles to do it but one never knows.

Btw boxes have been getting to me VERY fast - one to two days only.

I'll let you know when it arrives.

:ty to EVERYONE who is helping to thank those wounded in service to our country! Deborah S-A

Deborah, I have a question.

I showed my friend how to make these rectangles...and her 13 yo daughter wanted to try, so she showed Ashley how to crochet. The girl has never done it before and she loves it. She finished the rectangle (pretty close, anyway) her mom had started and was so excited. She was wondering if you could use it. It's a very first attempt, so...but the measurements aren't too far off...may I send it to you?

Deborah, I have a question.

I showed my friend how to make these rectangles...and her 13 yo daughter wanted to try, so she showed Ashley how to crochet. The girl has never done it before and she loves it. She finished the rectangle (pretty close, anyway) her mom had started and was so excited. She was wondering if you could use it. It's a very first attempt, so...but the measurements aren't too far off...may I send it to you?

Send it along and we'll try.... it might be just close enough to work :)

Be sure to send everyone's names (first name and last initial) so they can be added to the "thank you" card that goes with each handmade afghan.

Remember..... Every Rectangle Counts!!!

Archived