6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deborah I've recruited a lady I work with to this project now. She brought in her hooks and yarn and was making some rectangles at lunch. I believe she is going to get her sister involved too! So it's growing and growing.:hook

Thanks for spreading the word - that's how we've gotten to over 300 volunteer rectangle makers in less than 4 years. Don't forget to have her contact me for the "welcome note".

Let's hear it for recruiting people to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

Don't forget to have her contact me for the "welcome note". Let's hear it for recruiting people to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I believe she did email you from the site. Her name is Jennifer. She is very excited about the project.

Watch your mail for 14 more rectangles-they went out in the mail this morning.

I'm loving doing these-they're my new take-along projects, I put a skein of yarn, my template and a hook in my bag, and I'm out the door. :drive

Thanks for letting us bring a little comfort to our injured troops.

I'm loving doing these-they're my new take-along projects, I put a skein of yarn, my template and a hook in my bag, and I'm out the door. :drive

Excellent! :cheer I'll let you know when they arrive.... 14 more 6"x9" rectangles gets us closer to our goal of 9800 6"x9" rectangles for the February 3 PTE.

I never thought about making an actual template, I started crocheting and used a ruler to measure width to start and length to know when to stop.:hook Making a template would be much easier.

This IS a great take along project when you find yourself at the Dr.s office waiting, on a car trip (as long as you are riding and not driving:lol) sitting in front of the TV and you want something to keep your hands busy, but don't want to have to concentrate on a pattern. Or if you are like me, when something is troubling you and you just need to give your mind a rest, but not your hands, this is the perfect project. Trust me, these rectangles are a great stress buster.

But most importantly it just makes me feel so good that I can do something to show those virtual strangers, that are out there putting their life on the line form me so that I can continue to have the freedom I am so guilty of taking for granted, well it just brings me to tears.

I just live 30 miles from an Army base and everytime I see a soldier in uniform, male or female, there is just this feeling that comes over me, I want to run up to them and give them a big hug, but I don't want to get arrested :lol

I know, I know, I am an old sentimental sap, but I always have been and always will be.:)

I never thought about making an actual template, I started crocheting and used a ruler to measure width to start and length to know when to stop.:hook Making a template would be much easier.

This IS a great take along project when you find yourself at the Dr.s office waiting, on a car trip (as long as you are riding and not driving:lol) sitting in front of the TV and you want something to keep your hands busy, but don't want to have to concentrate on a pattern. Or if you are like me, when something is troubling you and you just need to give your mind a rest, but not your hands, this is the perfect project. Trust me, these rectangles are a great stress buster.

But most importantly it just makes me feel so good that I can do something to show those virtual strangers, that are out there putting their life on the line form me so that I can continue to have the freedom I am so guilty of taking for granted, well it just brings me to tears.

I just live 30 miles from an Army base and everytime I see a soldier in uniform, male or female, there is just this feeling that comes over me, I want to run up to them and give them a big hug, but I don't want to get arrested :lol

I know, I know, I am an old sentimental sap, but I always have been and always will be.:)

I tried to do it without a template at first too but it makes it sooooo much easier with a template.

I am just so excited to be able to contribute to this project, it does make me feel good to let our soldiers know that we care about them and appreciate what they are doing for us.

The mail was delivered :mail

and a BIG THANK YOU :woo

to DebInOk

to KublaKhan

and

to Salos

Your 6"x9" rectangles are really appreciated!

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

Glad you received the package. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tell you it was coming or not. So glad to know you got it. I'm already working on some more rectangles, will mail them next month. I looked at the linc for the made up afghans and they are so pretty! Glad to be a part of this worthwhile project.

Deb

Glad you received the package. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tell you it was coming or not. So glad to know you got it. I'm already working on some more rectangles, will mail them next month. I looked at the linc for the made up afghans and they are so pretty! Glad to be a part of this worthwhile project.

Deb

Glad to have you in HAP :clap It doesn't matter if you "warn" me that you are sending 6"x9" rectangles - it is VERY helpful if you include a note inside the package with your name and email address so I can let you know the package arrived.

For your records I need to have the 6"x9" rectangles before the PTE (design events) so.... aim for before:

February 3, April 6 and July 13 (for the beginning of 2008).

Thanks again to EVERYONE from Crochetville who is helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah S-A

Angelfire your 6"x9" rectangles arrived :cheer

Thanks much ..... every 6"x9" rectangle brings us closer to thanking another member of our military wounded in service to our country.

Btw the "lattice" pattern is beautiful - any chance of you sharing with the group?

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I made a template and am on my third rectangle. I'm interested in going to the Feb. 3 event. I emailed for info, but haven't heard back yet.

If I'm able to go, can I just bring the rectangles with me?

I made a template and am on my third rectangle. I'm interested in going to the Feb. 3 event. I emailed for info, but haven't heard back yet.

If I'm able to go, can I just bring the rectangles with me?

Teresa,

Hi! I answered you on January 18th..... I'll resend the message right now, let me know if you don't get it........ Deborah S-A

P.S. If you (or anyone else) are coming to the Put Together Event on Feb 3rd it is fine to bring the 6"x9" acrylic rectangles with you.

Teresa,

Hi! I answered you on January 18th..... I'll resend the message right now, let me know if you don't get it........ Deborah S-A

P.S. If you (or anyone else) are coming to the Put Together Event on Feb 3rd it is fine to bring the 6"x9" acrylic rectangles with you.

Got it thanks!!!

I just completed my first 6 by 9!:cheer

I am so excited to be able to share in this fantastic cause!

Am i to email someone to get the address to send them to after i finish more!:crocheting

Thanks, Cindy

I just completed my first 6 by 9!:cheer

I am so excited to be able to share in this fantastic cause!

Am i to email someone to get the address to send them to after i finish more!:crocheting

Thanks, Cindy

Yes, you go to www.rectangle6x9.org

scroll down until you see the email address above the page counter. They will email you the address.

here is the pattern link that I had problems with the other day

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/granny_squares/f101012_chainlinksampler.shtml

I used a G hook and 22 chains to begin to make a 6 " beginning and crocheted until it reached 9"

Bonnie, it says "page not found":(

Archived