6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I have 14 boxed and ready to send. I will do more later but I have to be out of town for a few days and I want to send them before I leave.:yes

:cheer...thank you..wonderful....please email Deborah at the site so she will know more are coming....

http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to start 2008 with a VERY BIG :ty to Red67 for starting this thread!

Without her telling you about "Rectangle 6x9" there would not be all of you helping to thank those wounded in service to our country....

so a round of :applause to Red.... Take a :bow

:manyheartThank you for the kind words....Big Thanks to CROCHETVILLE for this wonderful site:crocheting

...and Big thanks are to YOU:flower and ALL the wonderful VOLUNTEERS :ghugat HAP who help deliver, gather and join in the PTE for our wonderful troops...God Bless All

I'm joining in too, I've written to them to request the address where they are to be sent.

As the mother of a soldier who has just returned from Iraq, I want to help. Let me add my thanks to all of you for your efforts and time for our soldiers, we sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I'm joining in too, I've written to them to request the address where they are to be sent.

As the mother of a soldier who has just returned from Iraq, I want to help. Let me add my thanks to all of you for your efforts and time for our soldiers, we sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

:manyheart...Thank YOU and your SOLDIER...we are truly blessed to have you......

It is a very great privilege to be able to do this...:yes

I sent an email to Deborah with the total rectangles for this shipment and to request the address to send them to.

Ken - will get back to you this evening when I get home from work. Can't access my project email right now and do NOT want the mailing address posted anywhere....... Thanks, Deborah

This is such an awesome idea!!! I know that the troops really appreciate it when they get anything from home, let alone something HOMEMADE! This has got to be an amazing source of comfort for our wounded troops. Gonna start tonight!

This is such an awesome idea!!! I know that the troops really appreciate it when they get anything from home, let alone something HOMEMADE! This has got to be an amazing source of comfort for our wounded troops. Gonna start tonight!

Hi! Send me a note at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you some more information - including helpful hints and how to get on the listserv.

Today we delivered 12 more handmade afghans to Walter Reed Army Medical Center.... our delivery volunteer ran into Bob Dole. So now we have delivered 889 handmade afghans to military hospitals at Walter Reed AMC, Andrews AFB, Fort Bragg, Brook AMC and Bagram Hospital in Afghanistan. HAP needs your help to continue the deliveries!!

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah (rectangle6x9@comcast.net)

Ken - will get back to you this evening when I get home from work. Can't access my project email right now and do NOT want the mailing address posted anywhere....... Thanks, Deborah

Got it Deborah thanks, I will be sending a batch of rectangles this week some time...no worries about posting the address anwhere I understand completely.

I mailed my box of rectangles yesterday. I have emailed Deborah to let her know they are on their way.

I finished my latest RR ripple last night as I sat through all of our tornado warnings. Now I have 4 baby afghans to crochet. :hook

I mailed my box of rectangles yesterday. I have emailed Deborah to let her know they are on their way.

I finished my latest RR ripple last night as I sat through all of our tornado warnings. Now I have 4 baby afghans to crochet. :hook

:ty:ty Blondie...thats terif and glad you came through the tornado warnings safely!!!.....Best wishes to you....:)

I ended up sending out 17 panels yesterday as I made up 3 more out of the yarn left from joining panels. I found out that you can't use a detergent box to mail in from the PO.:think I ended up going to Big Lot and buying shelf lining paper to wrap around the box before I mailed it:blush. Last night I was able to get 4 more rectangles done. :manyheart I also cut out a cardboard form so my daughter and granddaughter can make some too.

I ended up sending out 17 panels yesterday as I made up 3 more out of the yarn left from joining panels. I found out that you can't use a detergent box to mail in from the PO.:think I ended up going to Big Lot and buying shelf lining paper to wrap around the box before I mailed it:blush. Last night I was able to get 4 more rectangles done. :manyheart I also cut out a cardboard form so my daughter and granddaughter can make some too.

Hi, my friend:hug

Are you making strips out of the rectangles before mailing them to Deborah?

Please NO, do NOT make strips - that would defeat one of our goals.... to combine as many people's work into each afghan as possible.

Just send the 6"x9" rectangles!!!

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

.... angelfire - if you did send strips we will figure out how to use them this time.. we do not want to waste anyone's work!

Please NO, do NOT make strips - that would defeat one of our goals.... to combine as many people's work into each afghan as possible.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

.... angelfire - if you did send strips we will figure out how to use them this time.. we do not want to waste anyone's work!

I'm glad I asked!:hook

No, I just labeled them panels in my mind instead of rectangles. I meant rectangles. simple 6 x 9 rectangles. Sorry for any misunderstandings.:blush

Deborah I knew better, I am sorry for the confusion. I am a good girl,,,I follow directions:lol

Sorry, Bonnie:( I didn't mean to start something...:blush

On a happy note, I went to AC Moore and got a couple of one pounders: one each in white and black:)

Archived