6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I'll see what I can do to make you some squares. I wish my hands were strong enough to assemble for you. Your afghans are really lovely. I enjoyed the news video so much. All you ladies seem so nice, caring, and giving.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug...even one rectangle counts! your help is appreciated...thank you for your kindness and joining....contact Deborah on the site for all info http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone! If you are interested in making 6"x9" rectangles before you start please drop me a line at rectangle6x9@comcast.net - I'll send you the "welcome note" that has lots and lots of tips and information..... I look forward to hearing from you in the new year!!! :tup

Thank you, Deborah

(Founder and National/International Coordinator of The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project)

My sister used garage sale yarn to pad out her Christmas box to me. What a special sister!! Anyway, this yarn is in really good shape, masculine colors, so I'm making rectangles for this project with them.

My sister used garage sale yarn to pad out her Christmas box to me. What a special sister!! Anyway, this yarn is in really good shape, masculine colors, so I'm making rectangles for this project with them.

:cheerWhat a great sister and idea...thanks please contact Deborah at the site when you are ready to send them and God Bless

http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

Thanks to everyone who dropped me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net about joining The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project!!:ty

We are starting the new year with gathering 6"x9" rectangles for our next Put Together Event (PTE) on February 3rd. This is the time where we actually design the handmade afghans. Check out some pictures from our last PTE at http://www.rectangle6x9.shutterfly.com

Looking forward to getting your 6"x9" acrylic rectangles - remember each one is a small thank you for someone who has sacrifced for our safety.

Thank you for your interest in thanking those wounded in service to our country, Deborah :rabbit

Now that the holidays are over, I am going to try and get as many done as possible .so that i can get them to you before the beginning of Feb...

A good project while watching TV..

I want to start 2008 with a VERY BIG :ty to Red67 for starting this thread!

Without her telling you about "Rectangle 6x9" there would not be all of you helping to thank those wounded in service to our country....

so a round of :applause to Red.... Take a :bow

Oh I want to do this too. :hook Somebody please email me or pm me with all the info I need and I will get to work on this ASAP. I have some darker colored yarns that are just begging to turn into something worth while.:manyheart

I'm already working on it... it works up really quick, you can make quite a few in one eve...

I'm so happy to be a part of this.:c9

That's why doing the 6" x 9" rectangle pattern is so great... also lets us combine the work of at least 49 people in each handmade afghan. Another way of saying "lots of people are thinking of you and sending you good thoughts" :hug

Don't forget to mail the finished 6"x9" rectangles in time for our February 3rd Put Together Event (where we design and lay out the afghans). It would be great if I could have them by January 25th.....

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I emailed via the website last night and am waiting for the welcome note. I hope I didn't jump the gun too much, as I've already crocheted 3 rectangles using the directions on the website.

Thank You Deborah!!!

No worries :D The note I'll be sending you gives you information about colors we need and other such things.... your 3 rectangles will be appreciated!!! :clap Can you mail them in January so we can use them for our February 3rd event? (I'll send the address - it is not posted anywhere).

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I got the note Deborah thank you. I started making rectangles last night with some nice brown yarn that somebody gave me, seems only right that I should use that as a donation. I'm going on a little trip this weekend and should be able to make up some more rectangles then...thanks:hook

Archived