6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mom cut out cardboard so she can just do her pattern and measure it against it and the squares are going to a great cause

The 6"x9" cardboard is a great idea. For more hints and exact information on what The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project needs please drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net I'll send you our "welcome note" :welcome

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country - every rectangle is appreciated!!

Deborah,

The box with the two rectangle sets arrived today, I can't wait to get started hooking them together. These are going to be some beautiful afghans, the designers did an awesome job laying these out!:hook

Ken - glad the box arrived

You are right that the designers did a beautiful job. Check out photos of the designs and all the finished handmade afghans but using the "shutterfly" link on our website www.rectangle6x9.org

Thank you to everyone for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country :clap

quick question....does anyone know how many rectangles you can get from one SSRH? or variegated SSRH?

All my scraps are girly or baby colors and I"ve got to head to town to use my JoAnn's coupon soon!

quick question....does anyone know how many rectangles you can get from one SSRH? or variegated SSRH?

All my scraps are girly or baby colors and I"ve got to head to town to use my JoAnn's coupon soon!

I know when I made big squares (nearly 13 inches) recently, using a DC, I got almost 3 out of one skein...if that helps a little...

Depending on the stitches you use you might get 6-8 6"x9" rectangles from a skein.... does depend on the color since solid skeins have more yarns. Feel free to do a couple with stripes - just please 1) make them in a pattern of colors 2) make sure the colors go together and 3) make at least two the same. This helps make more beautiful handmade afghans.

Thanks!!! :yes

Sounds like my big mailing on Friday worked :hook Of course, now that means you all have "work" to do. Enjoy crocheting together the afghans - it is fun to see the handmade afghan come together. Bet you will start noticing the many hands that have touched it!!

Thanks SO much, Deborah

P.S. Take your time on getting those back to me... make a few 6"x9" rectangles to include in the box. Saves going to the post office too many times. :lol

I get 6 out of a solid and 4 out of the varigated ones.

I get 6 out of a solid and 4 out of the varigated ones.

thank you!!

I didn't even realize they cut down the yardage. I would have gone on forever thinking they were 8oz and got mad at my projects for being short.

thank you!!

I didn't even realize they cut down the yardage. I would have gone on forever thinking they were 8oz and got mad at my projects for being short.

They sure snuck THAT in, didn't they!:angry

yes with varigates being only 5 oz. I hate it. I was lucky to have a few 8 oz skeins to begin with but alas they are gone.

I received my rectangle set yesterday and it is ready to be mailed back today when I go to pick the children up from school. I want more.....I have loads of rectangles done but will wait until the end of the month to send.

yes with varigates being only 5 oz. I hate it. I was lucky to have a few 8 oz skeins to begin with but alas they are gone.

I received my rectangle set yesterday and it is ready to be mailed back today when I go to pick the children up from school. I want more.....I have loads of rectangles done but will wait until the end of the month to send.

Oh feel free to send the 6"x9" rectangles with the finished afghan - save postage :yes Then you can spend more on yarn :devil

WOW...that's awesome. :cheer Your fingers must have really been flying!! I haven't had a chance to start on mine yet. Seems like there are not enough hours in the day during the week.

WOW...that's awesome. :cheer Your fingers must have really been flying!! I haven't had a chance to start on mine yet. Seems like there are not enough hours in the day during the week.

You could give up sleeping like I have...:wink

Hi!!

I wanted to share with you a milestone

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

reached this week....

Over 1,000 finished handmade afghans!! :cheer

This is a small number compared to the number of service people wounded in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq but our 100% volunteer organization is doing our part to bring warmth and comfort to the wounded.

Will you help us???

If you are interested in making 6" x 9" acrylic rectangles

please send me an email at rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you our welcome email with lots of helpful information

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I have been making squares and trying to get enough together to mail i should be able to get a package to you this week...I also picked up some ribbon for you and safty pins...Hope that will help some...

Karen

Archived