Pringles Holiday Candle

nevadamama

:wreath:2snowman:2snowman:wreath

I crocheted this holiday candle to fit over a Pringles can. I used parts/ideas from several patterns and RHSS yarn. See post #13 for a red candle with a white/green ruffle.

pringlescandleiz2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Nevadamama hasn't been on the forum for a while, and she may have made up a pattern.  I made up one long ago to fit over a tissue roll center, it's pretty easy, just chain a circle the diameter of the core and work up to make a tube, then decrease to a point; for mine I just added a couple of short yarn bits of different lengths like and upside down tassel for the flame.  For mine, I attached a doily so it would stand up (actually I made the doily first with a hole in the center for the candle, then went back and reattached the yarn and made the candle tube).  This was before the internet, it was something like this

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/candle-for-all-seasons

I can't see the pics (the OP was 9 years ago, since then Crochetville changed the way pictures are posted which might be the reason), so I can't tell if hers was fancier than that.  

Here are some more patterns - if you want to see just the free ones, you can change the view from the menu on the left side

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#sort=best&craft=crochet&query=candle

Welcome to Crochetville, kitkatcandybar!

Granny Square answered you.  The person that originally posted about this idea is no longer here at the forum.  She made up the pattern from several other patterns.  Your best bet is to follow Granny Square's ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Has the picture been removed?  I am not seeing anything and the link is not working?

If you look at the last few messages before yours they have some reasons.

Archived