Barrel Purse

Kymberlina

yellowresize.jpg

sideresize.jpg

Warning: This pattern has not been tested. I've read it several times to double check it. If you find any part confusing please let me know and I will fix it. :hook

Purse measures 7†across bottom and 41/2†high.

Materials:

Purse handle 6†wide (your handle doesn’t necessarily have to be 6â€, but keep in mind that the width of your handle will be the width of the purse)

Approx. 3.5 oz of worsted weight cotton (I used about 1 ½ skeins of Peaches N’ Cream)

Small amount of white worsted weight

Small amount of contrasting color for center of flower

G Hook

Side (make 2)

With Color A

Ch 4, join w/ sl st to form ring

Round 1—Ch3, 11dc in ring, join w/ sl st to first ch-3 st, ch3 (12dc)

Round 2—dc in same st as joining (2dc in next st) around, join w/ sl st to first ch-3 st, ch3 (24dc)

Round 3—2dc in next st (dc in next st, 2dc in next st) around, join w/ sl st to first ch-3 st, ch3 (36dc)

Round 4—dc in next st, 2dc in next st (dc in each of next 2 sts, 2dc in next st) around, join w/ sl st to first ch-3 st, ch3 (48dc)

Round 5—dc in each of next 2 sts, 2dc in next st (dc in each of next 3 sts, 2dc in next st) around, join w/ sl st to first ch-3 st. finish off (60dc)

Flower (make 2)

With Color C

Ch 4, join w/ sl st to form ring

Round 1—Ch3, 9dc in ring,[switching to Color B in last stitch] join w/ sl st to first ch-3 st (10dc)

Round 2—(Ch11, tr in 5th ch from hook and in next 6 chs, sk next st on Round 1, sl st in next st) around. Finish off (5 petals)

Sew flowers to side pieces of purse. Position flower’s top petal directly at first ch-3 st of Round 5 on side piece.

Body

With Color A

Ch 59

Row 1—sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch1, turn (58sc)

Row 2—sc in each st across, ch1, turn

Repeat Round 2 until piece measures 6†tall or the width of your handle. Do not finish off.

Note: If you are wanting to crochet a closure (Example: chain loops) do so on Joining Round at the side of the body piece

Joining Round--*With WS of side piece facing you, insert hook in next st of body piece and also in the last st of Round 5 on side piece, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru both loops on hook, continue single crocheting pieces together for the next 57 sts, ch1, sc evenly across side of body piece (purse opening), ch 1* With 2nd side piece repeat from * to* once more, join w/ sl st to first st of joining round. Finish off.

Handle Strap (make 2 for each side of purse)

With Color A

Row 1—With RS of side facing you, join yarn w/ sl st in top of first ch-3 st of Round 5 on side piece, ch1, sc in same sp, sc in next unworked st, ch1, turn (2sc)

Row 2—Sc in next 2 sts, ch1, turn

Row 3-6—Repeat Row 2

Row 7—Sc in next 2 sts, finish off leaving yarn tail for sewing.

Slip handle thru handle strap, fold handle strap down in half, sew down with yarn tail, finish off.

Attach closure of your choice. (I used magnetic buttons)

Ooooh, that is so adorable. I'm making one! I have a single bamboo purse handle that I couldn't find a pattern it would work for. It looks like I could use it for this if it's wide enough. Did you use a single strand or double strand of yarn?

:clap Looking thru my stash right away to find what I need to get right on it, wonderful pattern, thanks for sharing it with us !!!!!

LuCee

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived