I can't seem to do a circle. HELP!

ashura

Every time i try to do a flat circle, for some reason i keep ending up with a kind of bowl shaped, semi-circle, thing! :shrugDunno why. Last time i tried to make a circular pouch and i ended up with a weird shaped hat that had an odd point on the top of it! (It is warm though, bu there's NO way in the world i'd wear it out and about!) :blush

Can someone tell me how to do a flat circle. PLEASE!

Check out this tutorial here for sc and here for double crochet

Usually you are doubling the next round then after that adding the same number of stitches evenly around the circle, each round.

If you are workng in spiral not joining the rounds make sure you have a scrap of yarn to mark the beginning of the round

Samantha,

thanks ALOT for that tut on circles. it will definitely come in handy

for the potholders i am making. b/c even if i have been crocheting

for YEARS i still can NEVER get a plain FLAT circle right!!!!:eek thanks.

judy

• 2 years later...

I've been making some felted coasters. I've made quite a few, so I am starting to get more consistent. I used hdc and started out with 6hdc for the first round, but eventually began using 8 hdc. It seemed to fit better. Round 2 has 2hdc in each stitch. Round 3 has 2hdc in every other stitch. Round 4 has 2hdc in every third stitch. Round 4 has 2hdc in every fourth stitch, and so on for each round, increasing by one stitch between increases for each round. The thing is, for me anyway, when I finish a round, if there seems to be a little too much tension creating that cup shape, I just add one more stitch at the end of the round to keep it flat. Since I'm making coasters I use wool and felt in the washing machine. And then, to get them really flat and well felted, I steam iron them. Here's what they look like. Oh Oh, I can't attach picture in quick reply. I'll make another post for the pictures.

Archived