hat to match completed

jura2908

i finally took a pic of the hat and scarf together. the are both designs from www.crochetgarden.com this set is a prize for another group i belong to. my favorite thing about the design is that the scarf is reversible, so no wrong side. i am also working on the avalanche scarf from the same scarf pattern set. Thanks for looking.

woodridgescarfandhatsetfromcrochetg.jpg

Nadine

They are SO beautiful!!! Thank you so much for posting this. It's the same pattern I'm about to start for my mother today, for Christmas, and I'm in a quandary about the yarn.

What yarn did you use? It looks gorgeous. For my set, I've got to go on the cheaper side but I don't want scratchy Red Heart. At this point I'm desperate enough to try Bernat Softee Chunkee, because I made a bunch of swatches yesterday with it and the gauge is only a tiny bit off (if only they made size H and a half, or something...my "I" hook is just the tiniest bit big :)), but if I can find a better yarn I'd rather. Softee Chunkee fuzzes up something awful after a while.

That set is amazing! The texture is incredible and I love the color too! With all the beautiful cabling I have seen on this site I may just have to get adventurous and try it. :hook

What yarn did you use? It looks gorgeous. For my set, I've got to go on the cheaper side but I don't want scratchy Red Heart. At this point I'm desperate enough to try Bernat Softee Chunkee, because I made a bunch of swatches yesterday with it and the gauge is only a tiny bit off (if only they made size H and a half, or something...my "I" hook is just the tiniest bit big :)), but if I can find a better yarn I'd rather. Softee Chunkee fuzzes up something awful after a while.

I am making a scarf for my Mom for Christmas and didn't want it to be scratchy either. I am using Bernat's Wool and Silk Blend. It isn't all that expensive and is gloriously soft and warm. Works up really nice and I LOVE it! Couldn't find it in the store so I ordered from Joanns.com. They had the cheapest price that I could find and with all the sales coming up you might find a good deal.

Sara

i used the older red heart sport for it. i know it calls for ww but it worked for my recipient. i want to make a set with bernat satin in the future. i love the feel of it and can get it locally.

thanks for looking,

nadine

This came out wonderfully! Nice job! :cheer I am actually working on this pattern myself at the moment. :lol Mine will be a Christmas present for my brother.

Archived