Jumpin' Frog Bag

brendaKbrown

Hi guys, I am blind and can't post a picture, but I thought someone might like this critter! I designed this bag for a recent craft boutique and everyone loved him! He has curly arms and legs with hands and toes crocheted after. I have made him in many color combinations. have, fun, and please don't take credit for him. Brenda

JUMPIN' FROG BAG

SIZE: About 5 x 6 inches.

Materials: Worsted weight yarn, green, white, black; tapestry

needle; G crochet hook.

BODY Front:

Row 1: Starting at bottom, with green, ch 17, sc in 2nd ch from

hook and in each ch across, turn: 16.

Row 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in each st across to last st, 2

sc in last st, turn: 18.

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Row 4: Rep row 2: 20.

Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Row 6: Rep Row 2: 22.

Row 7: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Row 8: Rep Row 2: 24.

Rows 9-18: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Rows 19-21: Ch 1, sc first 2 st tog, sc in each st across to last

2 sts, sc last 2 sts together, turn: 18.

Rows 22-25: ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Row 26: Rep row 13: 16. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Flap: Ch 17.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn: 16.

Row 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in first sc, sc in each sc across with 2 sc in

last sc, turn: 18.

Rows 3 & 4: Ch 1, Sc in each sc across, turn. At end of last row,

fasten off and weave in ends.

BODY Back:

Row 1: Starting at bottom, with green, ch 17, sc in 2nd ch from

hook and in each ch across, turn: 16.

Row 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in each st across to last st, 2

sc in last st, turn: 18.

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Row 4: Rep row 2: 20.

Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Row 6: Rep Row 2: 22.

Row 7: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Row 8: Rep Row 2: 24.

Rows 9-18: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Rows 19-21: Ch 1, sc first 2 st tog, sc in each st across to last

2 sts, sc last 2 sts tog, turn: 18.

Rows 22 & 23: ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Row 24: For back flap opening, ch 1, sc in next sc, sc in each ch

across Row 1 of flap, sc in last sc on Row 21.

Row 25: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

EYE: (make 2)

Rnd 1: With black, ch 2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st

in first sc. Fasten off.

Rnd 2: Join white with sc in first st, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next

sc, 2 sc in next sc, join: 6. Fasten off. Sew at top of body with

5 sts between. using Straight Stitch , embroider "V" mouth on front

of body.

Joining: Working through both body pieces, join green in end of Row

20; ch 1, sc in first row and in each row across to Row 14; for

arm, ch 22, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, 3 dc in each ch across;

working through both body pieces, sc in each row across to beg ch

; 3 sc in beg ch , for leg, ch 28, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, 3 dc

in each ch across), sc in next 14 ch s, work 2nd leg, 3 sc in last

ch ; working up side of rows, sc across Row 14, rep 2nd arm, sc

across to Row 20. Fasten off and weave in ends.

For hands and toes, join green in turning ch at end of arm; ch 1,

work 5 sc across this ch ; for toes, (ch 5, sl st in 2nd ch from

hook, sc in next 3 ch s, sl st in next sc on arm) 4 times. Fasten

off. Rep on 2nd arm and on each leg.

I'm stuck on the body back... it says:

Row 24: For back flap opening, ch 1, sc in next sc, sc in each ch

across Row 1 of flap, sc in last sc on Row 21.

Row 25: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.

Ok, so in row 24, I'm joining just the ends of the flap I made to the back? Then single crocheting along the flap, not the last row I did on the back? Then on row 25 it says to sc in each sc across, the sc's I did (if I was supposed to) on the flap when I attached it to the back or sc across the body? and row 26 says to repeat row 13 which was a part of "9-18" and that threw me cuz I expected it to say repeat row 9. I did what I think is right (joined the flap to the back in just the ends, sc'ed across the body for 2 rows and fastened off... is this right? help!!:blush

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am so sorry about the confusion on this frog. On Row 24, sc in first stitch of back, now sc across only the flap, sc in last sc on back. This leaves an opeing for putting things inside. On Row 25, sc in each sc across. Row 26, Sc first 2 sc together, sc in each sc across, sc last 2 sc together: 16.

I hope this helps!

• 3 years later...

Hi guys! I have been lurking, but not posting. I just made this frog again for the first time in about 3 years! I remembered how cute he really is! I did notice a boo-boo. when attaching the flap, you work 1 sc in the first sc of row 23, then work only in the chs across the flap and then the last sc at the end of Row 23, not 21.

On mine, I added buttonholes on row 3 of the flap and then sewed on buttons. However, if making this for a small child, use velcro or just leave the flap free. I also added a handle at the top of mine. I joined in the 4th sc at top, ch 16, counted over 11 more sc and joined ther. I then worked in sl st across the ch 16, joined in same sc as beg joining. I am so sorry i can't share a picture! he really is worth the time he takes.

okay, I see that it's been 4 years since this was originally posted and no pictures yet! I couldn't sleep last night, so decided to make one up!

On the hands/feet/toes, instead of doing them after the arms/legs and having to attach them, I just added one more ch and worked the 5 sc there and then did the toes and continued on with the 3 dc in each ch back to the body.

For the strap, when I got to the top, I crocheted across the top, then at the *corner* I chained 110, joined with a sl st to the other corner, then worked sl st all the way back the 110 ch and continued joining the front and back to the end.

the flap: on row 4 I dec the first two together, sc in the next 2, ch 5, sk 2, sc in the next 6, ch 5, sk 2, sc in next 2 and dec last 2 together. Finished off.

Buttons: I covered two buttons in the same yarn so they aren't as noticeable on the back side.

This little critter is so darn cute! I know I'm going to have to make him for each of my 3 granddaughters! He was fun to do!

I was debating on making the flap/back side the front and making the buttons the eyes...which might work, but then I realized they'd be a little lower than the eyes should be.

post-42393-135897667682_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897667687_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897667689_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897667692_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897667696_thumb.jpg

post-42393-135897667699_thumb.jpg

okay, I see that it's been 4 years since this was originally posted and no pictures yet! I couldn't sleep last night, so decided to make one up!

On the hands/feet/toes, instead of doing them after the arms/legs and having to attach them, I just added one more ch and worked the 5 sc there and then did the toes and continued on with the 3 dc in each ch back to the body.

For the strap, when I got to the top, I crocheted across the top, then at the *corner* I chained 110, joined with a sl st to the other corner, then worked sl st all the way back the 110 ch and continued joining the front and back to the end.

the flap: on row 4 I dec the first two together, sc in the next 2, ch 5, sk 2, sc in the next 6, ch 5, sk 2, sc in next 2 and dec last 2 together. Finished off.

Buttons: I covered two buttons in the same yarn so they aren't as noticeable on the back side.

This little critter is so darn cute! I know I'm going to have to make him for each of my 3 granddaughters! He was fun to do!

I was debating on making the flap/back side the front and making the buttons the eyes...which might work, but then I realized they'd be a little lower than the eyes should be.

That's awesome, very cute, and thank you for adding your suggestions to the pattern. I hope to make one soon.

hai brenda.........thanks for this wonderful pattern here is my try.i add one row to the flap and make a red drawstring as his tongue.another modification is his eyes

Really adorable..i love the tongue

Archived