I've been looking at the Free Form Stuff....

Doey

You all have made some awesome stuff.... Im thinking I might want to try my hand at some of it. I have a something in mind but Im not really sure what or how to get started. Are there any good sites or instructions of how to go about starting a free form piece. The piece I am thinking of doing will end up being a Wall Hanging ... I have a large wall area that needs some sort of WOW me piece on it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Doey

• 2 months later...

There are many places on the web (try google and search for freeform crochet or scrumbling) where you can see beautiful examples of freeform crochet. There are also several books available (try Amazon). I think of it as modular crochet. Lots of little motifs of different textures and shaped joined together into a 'more interesting whole'.

Textured Crochet by Helen Jordan has wonderful stitches that might help you get started.

The freeform one piece baby afghan listed in this section is one of the most beautiful pieces of freeform crochet I've ever seen.

Hope you'll try it.

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

Archived