'70s ripple poncho

etucker

Question

10 answers to this question

Your link won't work as that site is barred from this board due to copyright issues. You can read about it here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39334

:)

Did you mean the link to Groovy Crochet? If so, can you specifically tell me what it violates? Usually a link to a website is fine, so the only thing I can think of is that Groovy Crochet is the copyright violator? Did Groovy Crochet create a website without getting copyright permissions.

"Enquiring minds want to know...."

If you can't find the pattern, try a round ripple afghan with a whole in the center (like X-Mas tree skirt). You'd just have to make it bigger. I've seen RRs that are really great looking. If you want the 70's look, use "neon" colors.

Ellie 13

If you read the link I gave you, you would know that it is indeed the link.

Groovy is not a valid address anymore. If you look at the URL you'll see that it's accessed through the internet archive. That site is barred from here because many scanned patterns can be found through it.

Do a search on here for more info. Amy has posted extensively about it.

Rule 9 in the link I gave states very clearly:

9. If a pattern is no longer available on a specific website, please do not post a link to that pattern through the Wayback Machine or any other internet archive or hint around at how people can find it through a search themselves. We are currently researching and consulting with an intellectual property attorney to determine whether there is a legal issue with distributing such links. We will let you know if we are able to allow posting of archived links here at Crochetville.

If you read the link I gave you, you would know that it is indeed the link.

Groovy is not a valid address anymore. If you look at the URL you'll see that it's accessed through the internet archive. That site is barred from here because many scanned patterns can be found through it.

Do a search on here for more info. Amy has posted extensively about it.

Rule 9 in the link I gave states very clearly:

I did indeed read the link you gave me. I couldn't see anything in it specific enough which is why I asked the question. I don't really know what is meant by the internet archive, so that sentence really meant nothing to me at all. I can see you think it was extremely clear, but it really meant nothing at all to me relative to Groovy. Thanks for the explanation.

If this isn't it, maybe it'll do:

http://www.******/crochet/vesandcap.html

This is pretty close to the one I want. It had short ripples in it like the ripple afghan. Neon isn't what I had in mind. I remember the 70s being the time of "earth tones". Mother made these out of browns/oranges/golds/greens. (My newly remodeled kitchen, with it's gold floor, copper appliances, orange counter top and plaid wallpaper seen in the "Two's Company" kitchen was the epitomy of 70s fashion, and a disaster to try to sell in the late 80s!!)

Of course my daughter's poncho had to be pastels, little girls only wore pastels in my Mother's eyes.

Thanks all.

Archived