Is Joanns having a "Black Friday" sale?

I don 't know about the Black Friday sale, but as of yesterday, joann.com had Paton's Merino on sale for $5. One of my favorite yarns.

That is the regular price for that yarn at Michaels! And they have it on sale for 35% off right now, too! :eek May have to go back to Michael's on the way home...

Sara

Haven't seen anything yet...but they have had a Black Friday sale for the past two years (that I'm aware of). So there should be something coming out soon.

The crowds aren't that bad for yarn, at least they weren't when I went. Everyone was there for fabric--hundreds and hundreds of people waiting to get fabric cut. I waltzed in, got my lovely piles of yarn, and then had to stand in line forever to check out. I think, though, that since there wasn't a huge demand for yarn, I could've gone a couple of hours later and avoided the long check-out lines.

It's totally worth it!! They had some lovely yarn last year at half price and then with the coupon, everything in the whole purchase was 40% off. I can't wait for this year's sale.

It's totally worth it!! They had some lovely yarn last year at half price and then with the coupon, everything in the whole purchase was 40% off. I can't wait for this year's sale.

oh my!!!!!!!!! now that's a sale! i may have to leave the husband and baby home for that! i feel guilty when i buy yarn anymore because my stash is kinda embarrassing. my hubby never complains or says anything, but i can only imagine what he's thinking!

i'm just glad that i'm using a lot of my stash for xmas gifts this year! so maybe i shouldn't feel so badly! hahah.

Just wondering if anyone heard anything?

I need it like I need another 5 pounds....but I can't help it! hahaha.

Um...you know you are addicted when you read it and add an "of yarn" to the another 5 pounds, lol. Reread it a second time to get it!

Um...you know you are addicted when you read it and add an "of yarn" to the another 5 pounds, lol. Reread it a second time to get it!

hhhahah. yeah, like i need another 5 lbs of yarn too!

i do charity crocheting so that's my alibi!!! and i'm sticking to it :)

I just got the flyer for Joann's sale after Thanksgiving, Patons wool is 2 for $6.00! Homespun, Wool-Ease, TLC Essentials and more are on sale!

drool! i LOVE wool yarns. will have to go shopping now. thanks for sharing

They also have Caron 1lbr's 2/$8.00.... I'll hafta peek at the ad again tomorrow to see what else... there's a few more :lol

Coupons were deliverable today... ad isn't supposed to be delivered until... the 19th? 17th? One'a those days!

I like working for the PO :devil

Just got mine yesterday...

Oddly, I know from my boss that there aren't many major changes between the rest of the sale week and Black Friday. Usually I end up stuck there until 11pm on Wednesday night, helping with sale set, but most of the sale is being set on Saturday night for Sunday, with minimal changes on Wednesday night... I'm only scheduled until 9:30 pm -- WOO! :D

SO... for most of the sales, you DON'T have to wait until Friday... ;)

I'm looking at the ad now... items of interest:

Friday Door Buster (6 am - Noon)

- $34.99 rolling totes, including a yarn one

- $29.99 folding 13 watt Ott Lite

- 20% total purchase coupon (6am - noon only)

- 50% item coupon (all day)

Saturday Door Busters (6 am - Noon)

- 20% total purchase coupon (6am - noon only)

- 50% item coupon (all day)

(no knit/crochet doorbusters)

Fri-Sat-Sun 3-Day Sale

- Patons Classic Wool - 2 for $6

- Knifty Knitter Gift Loom Set - $12

- Red Heart Super Saver - $1.89

- Sensations Rainbow Boucle or Rainbow Classic - 2 for $10

- Caron Pounders - 2 for $8

Holiday Kick-Off (Sun 11/18 - Sat 12/1)

- Classes 25% off, with 20% supply coupon - had to throw that in... it's my department ;) Tomorrow, btw, is Class Preview Day. ;)

- Lion Brand Homespun - $3.79

- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick - $4.29

- Lion Brand Wool Ease - 2 for $4

- Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick - 2 for $10

- TLC Essentials - 2 for $6

- Lion Brand Fun Fur - 2 for $5

Enjoy!

For some reason, the edit function is taking forever... I'm too impatient to wait for it to decide to do some work... LOL!

The 3-Day Sale is not this weekend, it's next weekend. I meant to include dates (11/23 - 11/25), and forgot.

That I don't know... the web site and the store are affilliated, but basically run independently. You'd have to check the site itself on those products on the day to see if they have the same offer.

Oddly, I have notice that sometimes the "sale price" on the web site is the same as the regular price in the store. That's just wacked! LOL!

Archived