??? about the pretty lacey skirts

I made a skirt with mesh stitch and it definitely needs something under it or it needs to be used as a swimsuit coverup for the beach! LOL

I have seen suggestions for sewing in a lining but it seems alot of people wear a half slip under it in a flesh tone...

Kim

If I ever made one, I'd sew up a thin skirt in a slinky fabric in a complimentary lighter shade; thicker than a slip, but thinner than a regular skirt.

I don't think I'd sew a lining into the crocheted skirt itself, b/c that might affect the drape adversely.

If I ever made one, I'd sew up a thin skirt in a slinky fabric in a complimentary lighter shade; thicker than a slip, but thinner than a regular skirt.

I don't think I'd sew a lining into the crocheted skirt itself, b/c that might affect the drape adversely.

I agree about not sewing the lining in that would likely interfere with the movement you made the skirt to achieve.:hook

However. I think I would tack the underskirt at least at the sides of the waist - just a couple of stitches. The heaviness of the crochet can cause the underskirt to be pushed down when you move.

For the pineapple skirt I designed (it's in the testing stages currently) I made a "liner" one shade lighter, and it gets tacked in at the waist. That way it doesn't interfere with the skirt, or get pushed out of the way. I've worn it several times since completion in September, and it works great.

What do you guys put under them? :think Just a regular slip? Do you line it??? Obviously there's got to be something under them or it would be all leg and undies :eek.

Obviously.... unless you're Britney!

Good point about tacking the liner at the waist; I`ve not made a skirt yet, so I was just making a best guess. Experience trumps guessing, any day, lol!

Archived