Show your stash!

Yeah you read that right I want to see your yarn stash. Snap a picture or two (or three) and show off all you have. Even if it's the outside of your bins I want to know how much you all have!

Here's my stash. I consider it a beginner's stash.

th_IMG_1170.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, last week i was sorting thru the stash, pulling out what i needed for the rest of xmas, mantoy came up the stairs and i TRIED to tell him NOT to come in, but he did.......

i dont think hes over the shock yet. :)

I don't have a picture right now, but when I was re-arranging this a week or so ago, DH couldn't believe everything I had...or that it fit in only a few bins. Guess I had him totally fooled! Except now every time I bring yarn home he asks me if I REALLY needed it....I just look at him and ask if he REALLY need another pair of hunting boots...end of conversation. :hook

I will try to post a picture later when I get home!

Sara

That woman is my hero!

I have a VERY large stash, it occupy's an entire room in my house, but it isn't like that one! My DH, though he doesn't stop me buying more yarn, can't for the life of him figure out why I want more.

To be honest, I only began keeping a stash when I bought my house 7 years ago. Prior to that I had only the yarn for the one project I had been working on at the time. Now I work on several projects at a time, and I've got so much yarn, with so many projects in my mind that it would take me years to get through it!

This is some of it:

yarn9.jpg[/img]

yarn8.jpg[/img]

yarn7.jpg[/img]

yarn6.jpg[/img]

yarn5.jpg[/img]

yarn4.jpg[/img]

yarn3.jpg[/img]

yarn2.jpg[/img]

yarn1.jpg[/img]

That's just the yarn out of one tub, and I have several, plus two wardrobes.

Ok mine isn't huge but its large enough. I have (3) 18 gallon totes full of yarn, (1) 32 gallon tote full of yarn plus a few Wal-Mart sacks full.

Here is the 32 gallon tote with yarn that is new and un-used.

DSC03611.jpg

Here are the (3) 18 gallon totes:

DSC03610.jpg

Here is one of the 18 gallon totes with my "left over" yarn, yarn that is left over from previous projects:

DSC03595.jpg

More left over yarn:

DSC03603.jpg

Left over yarn plus (2) WIPs:

DSC03596.jpg

DSC03612.jpg

My "I Love This Yarn" stash:

DSC03599.jpg

Some of my Caron stash:

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03604.jpg

My cotton stash:

DSC03608.jpg

My thread stash, missing (1) white ball and (1) white sparkly ball:

DSC03605.jpg

My Fun Fur/Eye Lash stash:

DSC03606.jpg

You know those XXL ziplock storage bags? I have about 10 of those full. I have a cupboard that runs that whole length of my extra bedroom and a closet with about 6 large bins in it full of yarn.

Then i have a bookcase/cubby type thing that is full and the top of that is full.

If I didn't buy yarn for 5 yrs I would have enough to crochet with til then. At least.

A lot of it is cotton in the 14 oz skeins too. ANd cones.

I love Lionbrand Homespun and have a ton of that too.

I have a bunch of Caron Pounders as well.

I :heart my stash!! LOL

the dazzle yarn is pretty! is it an older yarn? (can i get it somewhere??)

Yep, that is a "vintage" yarn and I have only found it at thrift stores and such. Someone gave me that skein so not sure who used to sell it. I have also found it on E-Bay.

snugsmontreal, Mandys76, Lov2Crochet

Whoa! :eek I am drooling! Beginner's stash for me consisted of one cotton thread ball and a steel hook, but yarn overload is way too envious! Really, I'm envious I have to find a magic lamb and wish for the genie to grant me a wish and dump all those lovely yarns here in Manila. :c9 Please be kind and adopt me so I can touch those soft yarns, pretty please!

LOL you'll have to get onto Ravelry (link) to check out my stash, as I don't think I have a good recent overall pic of it (too scared to take one!). And that's just the stuff that I catalogued. I have at least a few more skeins, like ancient stuff my mom brought home from the yard sales for me - both yarn and thread - that aren't on there.

Wow, Hubby needs to start making more money... so I can buy more yarn! I feel like mine is way too small!

I have mine "organized" into a corner in the dining room. I have (2) 38 gallon totes FULL, plus probably enough to fill another 18 gallon tote. But that would include WIP's.

Mine can be seen at Ravelry*link in siggy* or HERE. It's still a baby!

Archived