Look What I Won On Ebay

I saw those on eBay but I found it at amazon.com for less - new. A good deal! Although my DH might not agree because I love to buy crochet books (:lol)! I've had to de-stash my "library" and get rid of some of my non-crochet books. But, what's a crocheter to do -- you only have time to do so many things in a day (:rofl)!

I tell myself sometimes that I need to clean up my pattern library but just can't seem to part with any of them. :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BarbaraJean, What a great win! Can't wait to see it finished! I thought that was the free snowflake afghan pattern on the web but, sadly no. Maybe you can get your hand on the pattern or I am quite sure you will figure it out! CONGRATULATIONS!

ps. Here is the pattern maybe it will be of some help???:)

Snowflake Afghan

BarbaraJean, What a great win! Can't wait to see it finished! I thought that was the free snowflake afghan pattern on the web but, sadly no. Maybe you can get your hand on the pattern or I am quite sure you will figure it out! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks Pam! I think it will be no problem but as a matter of fact, a few here have already identified it! :clap

WOW! What a find! And what a wonderful, loving thing for you to do to finish a project that some one else couldn't.

I took a few minutes to browse the other crocheted afghans on there and it just broke my heart to see items that take so much time and effort to make going for mere pennies. Remind me never to try to sell any of my work on eBay....

Sara

There was a free pattern on the net like that one. I remember thinking at the time that someone had managed to put the "snowflake" into a square instead of the hex pattern.

Trouble is that I can't find it now. Empress Busy Bee might just know what it is called and where to find it.

Perhaps that square snowflake motif is someplace here?

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/snowflakes.php

I checked almost every motif and afghan at CPC (6", 7", 8" and 12") and couldn't find it anywhere there. At some point the search became a point of honour but I still didn't find it.

I really miss Digital Granny already.

You should have had it by now! Will keep it covered in prayer that it comes soon.

It's here! You're an angel, Darski! :hug

Oh BarbraJean, what a WONDERFUL find, and to save it!!! I cant imagine the love that will have in it when you are all done with it!!

HUG

JoAnn

You're so right and wouldn't I love to know the history. I think I'll email the seller and ask what he might be able to tell me about it. Since he got it from an estate auction he should have some type of information.

Is it there yet? Is it there yet? What a great buy! It would go perfectly in my bedroom and if my mom hadn't given me a yellow ripple, I would be so jealous.

Hey, if you have a yellow bedroom I'm jealous of you! ;) Yellow is my favorite color but I've never been brave enough to decorate with it. I have finally decided to change my bathroom to yellow. Just wish I could find a yellow and blue toile shower curtain.

It has arrived!

I pulled out a few pieces and the workmanship is indeed as nice as I thought!

I will not allow myself to get into it though until after my Thanksgiving guest have headed home.

My bedroom is blue-my favorite color. I use yellow as an accent color and the curtains also have some green in the plaid. I've been stashing blue, yellow and white yarn for a ghan for myself, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Mom gifted me with the yellow ripple because she knew I would appreciate all the work and I had been lusting for it for several years. It's in mint condition because she wouldn't let anyone use it. But one of the grandkids spilled something on it, and she decided it was time for it to have a safer home. Luckily, the spill washed out and I have it on a shelf in my room where I can look at it every day. (and not let anything spill on it!)

My bedroom is blue-my favorite color. I use yellow as an accent color and the curtains also have some green in the plaid. I've been stashing blue, yellow and white yarn for a ghan for myself, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Mom gifted me with the yellow ripple because she knew I would appreciate all the work and I had been lusting for it for several years. It's in mint condition because she wouldn't let anyone use it. But one of the grandkids spilled something on it, and she decided it was time for it to have a safer home. Luckily, the spill washed out and I have it on a shelf in my room where I can look at it every day. (and not let anything spill on it!)

Sounds wonderful!

• 1 month later...

I'm actually going to get to start working on this project! :yay I finally finished the afghan I was working on for a friend.

I'm thinking about what to do with all these squares.

Such as:

Should I make 2 afgahns?

Should I make a bed spread?

Should I make and afghan and a few other smaller projects?

I do have a pattern for an apron which uses granny squares. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do with these pretty squares?

bb6f_3.jpg

Archived