Look What I Won On Ebay

I won this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280170748043&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I just can't wait to get this. It broke my heart to think of all the work that had been put into this and for it to never be finished.

There are 70 7" motifs! Would that be huge?

Editting to add a picture since the auction page will disappear soon.

bb6f_3.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that is so cool! I love the colors!

Me too! I was actually doing a search for blue and yellow (shower curtain) when I came across it.

worst case scenerio you could unravel one and take notes on how it goes together

Oh, that's true. Thanks for the tip.

That was so sweet of you to get that. And for a wonderful price. It does look nice.

I won a child's blanket on ebay that I bid on for sorta the same reason. It just looked so sweet and lonesome and so 1970's that I had to have it.

Congrats on the win! Isn't it exciting to win things like this? The colors are beautiful and it looks like the workmanship on the squares is very nice as well! Have fun completing it! :cheer

I'm sure that the person who started it would be happy to know that someone who loves crochet got hold of her project and is going to finish it for her. :yes

Elle

That was so sweet of you to get that. And for a wonderful price. It does look nice.

I won a child's blanket on ebay that I bid on for sorta the same reason. It just looked so sweet and lonesome and so 1970's that I had to have it.

Congrats on the win! Isn't it exciting to win things like this? The colors are beautiful and it looks like the workmanship on the squares is very nice as well! Have fun completing it! :cheer

I'm sure that the person who started it would be happy to know that someone who loves crochet got hold of her project and is going to finish it for her. :yes

Elle

That's what I thought too! I could just imagine a sweet gramma stitching this with such love for one of her loved ones but then falling ill and not being able to finish it. Perhaps my imagination gets away with me. ;) But some will definitely be made with these beauties!

And congrats on your blanket, Yarn Duck. Did you keep it for yourself?

In case you need the pattern (I recognized it right away), it is in the American School of Needlework Book #1272. The book is called The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans (1999). The pattern is called Starflower Retreat. Four squares are sewn together to make a large block, then a border crocheted around each block and then the blocks are joined together. There are supposed to be 48 squares to make a ghan approx. 48" X 64".

Apparently someone wanted to make something bigger, or more than one afghan.

Barbara Jean i am so pleased that you won this. You will do a great job on it.

Those colours are wonderful.

it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the pattern - it looks very much like the snowflake afghan pattern.

In case you need the pattern (I recognized it right away), it is in the American School of Needlework Book #1272. The book is called The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans (1999). The pattern is called Starflower Retreat. Four squares are sewn together to make a large block, then a border crocheted around each block and then the blocks are joined together. There are supposed to be 48 squares to make a ghan approx. 48" X 64".

Oh, thanks for that information! 48 squares - can you tell me, is it 6 squares X 8 squares? I thought that 70 squares sounded like a lot. I'm hoping that the 4 extra skeens will be enough to finish the project/s. I am considering joining it with the join as you go method which would require another row around each square so I would need to find a yarn similar in feel and a complimentary color. Just an option - I won't really be able to decide on that until I get it and lay it out.

Barbara Jean i am so pleased that you won this. You will do a great job on it.

Those colours are wonderful.

it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the pattern - it looks very much like the snowflake afghan pattern.

Thanks, Darski. I'm getting so anxious to get my hands on it.:D

Oh, I just got all excited. I thought I had that book but it's a different one by American School of Needlework.

BarbaraJean - Those squares are soooo pretty! And they will make a beautiful couple of afghans or a fabulous bedspread! Be sure to post photos.

BTW: And Because HappyOldCro posted the name of the book, I had to get it (sigh).

:cheerthis is gorgeous and you got a great deal! I hope you will post a picture when you get it all finished! Someone obviously put a great deal of time and effort into this project and I am happy that you will be finishing it! I am amazed at the things people sell on e-bay!

I'll certainly post pics. Not sure how long it will take me to get to work on this though as I really need to finish a baby afghan before I start on it. I dunno though, you think I'll be able to not get into it right away? ;)

BarbaraJean - Those squares are soooo pretty! And they will make a beautiful couple of afghans or a fabulous bedspread! Be sure to post photos.

BTW: And Because HappyOldCro posted the name of the book, I had to get it (sigh).

:lol Oh, that's funny! Good for you! Did you get it on ebay? I saw a couple listed there.

I saw those on eBay but I found it at amazon.com for less - new. A good deal! Although my DH might not agree because I love to buy crochet books (:lol)! I've had to de-stash my "library" and get rid of some of my non-crochet books. But, what's a crocheter to do -- you only have time to do so many things in a day (:rofl)!

Archived