Fabulous Fishnet poncho finished

Tiga

Me%20in%20Poncho.jpg?imgmax=512

This is the "Fabulous Fishnet" poncho from Crochet in Style by the very helpful Mary Jane Hall.

She saw on Ravelry that I was making it, contacted me and let me know about some changes in the pattern. I thought that was so nice.

Anyway, now that I know how to properly wear the poncho, I took a picture to share with every one.

Thanks, Olive.

I used Caron Cozi in Potpourri with a little bit of brown Fun Fur on the fringe. It's funny - I got that yarn to try to match the picture in the booklet, and it turns out they photographed the poncho from the designer wrong - hers is in bright blue Homespun!

Thank you again.

Roli - the yarn is Caron Cozi, but I think it's been discontinued. Which is a shame, b/c is it's thick, but not too thick, soft and fuzzy, but not impossible to work with and doesn't shed.

If I could get my hands on enough of it, I'd love to have a sweater out of some.

Hi!

I'm glad to get to see the photo of your poncho and glad you are happy with it! The way you are wearing the poncho is the way it's shown in the book. When I originally sent in the photos of how it's supposed to be worn it is hanging off one shoulder (to be asymetrical) and so the side of the poncho where the fringe is would be hanging off your shoulder and way down your arm. Even though the way you are wearing it was not how it was originally meant to be, I still think it looks good the way you have it. If anyone wants to see the photo of the way I have it on my own model, please let me know and I'd be glad to send you a photo. If you are on Ravelry, I have a photo there too. I am maryjane2 on ravelry. I have posted photos of lots of designs from my book Positively Crochet!

By the way, Tiga, I don't notice the neck being the way you described in another email. I'm glad it worked out!

Thanks for all who have supported ma and my books! I really appreciate it and am indebted to you all :)

Archived