Black Birthday Scarf

pianoducky

My good friend had a birthday yesterday....and Rowan yarns are all 40% off at my LYS. Hence, this year Katie is getting a scrumptious 50% merino/50% silk scarf for the cold Chicago winter.

I always get nervous starting projects with such gorgeous yarn, and it takes me forever to decide on the proper route to make the most of it. I'm very pleased with this scarf, though. I scored some cashmere/merino blend and now am inspired to experiment for my own purposes :). This scarf only took about 3 hours, and today is my craft day so I may make scarf 2 this afternoon!

Without further ado (please ignore the pajamas, this scarf was my morning project!):

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

Oops, I should have included the stitch! It's called the "Bushy Stitch" in my book (which is a horribly unattractive name for such a pretty look, IMO).

Thanks! I love the PJ's, but not as much as I love Sundays! It's my only day off, so it's the only day I can sit in my pajamas until 2, watch Grey's Anatomy for hours, and crochet :hook.

Oops, I should have included the stitch! It's called the "Bushy Stitch" in my book (which is a horribly unattractive name for such a pretty look, IMO).

Thanks! I love the PJ's, but not as much as I love Sundays! It's my only day off, so it's the only day I can sit in my pajamas until 2, watch Grey's Anatomy for hours, and crochet :hook.

In which book can I find the "bushy stitch?"

Ahhhh Sundays. Except on this Sunday, I was out the door before 8am to watch a neighbor's 8-year old daughter compete at a swim meet. She took first place in the back stroke!

Oooh, good for her! Several of my students are swimmers, and I know how competitive the backstroke can be!!

This stitch book was actually the "63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches." It seriously took me a good 30 minutes of browsing through books to choose one, but I'm really happy with this one!

I found a blurb about a "bushy stitch" online. It says this is how it's done...not sure if it's the same "bushy stitch."

Row 1: (dc, ch2, sc) in 4th chain from hook, *skip next 2 chs, (2 dc, ch2, sc) in next ch-- repeat from * across.

Row 2: ch 2, turn: (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in first ch-2 sp and in each ch-2 sp across.

I found a blurb about a "bushy stitch" online. It says this is how it's done...not sure if it's the same "bushy stitch."

Row 1: (dc, ch2, sc) in 4th chain from hook, *skip next 2 chs, (2 dc, ch2, sc) in next ch-- repeat from * across.

Row 2: ch 2, turn: (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in first ch-2 sp and in each ch-2 sp across.

This is it! Thanks again for the compliments everyone! I actually loved this so much that I'm using my cashmere/merino to make the same thing, just in burgundy. It works up so quickly and really is quite pretty. I totally recommend it!

Well, I finished this one today too, right before dinner. I loved how the gift turned out SO much that I had to have one of my own as well. I'd been saving this yarn for myself, so here it is! ETA: This is Rowan's Cashsoft, a cashmere/merino/acrylic blend.

100_0505.jpg100_0508.jpg

Archived