Granny square slippers

bjc1050

These are the 1st pair of slippers I've ever made. I used RH Soft yarn and liked working with it a lot. It only takes 6 granny squares for each slipper. I chose to use only 2 colors in order to minimize ends to be woven in.

Grnyslprs2.jpg

Think I must have posted them in the wrong category earlier since that post has disappeared.

Beverly

The pattern is from the Leisure Arts Cozy Crocheted Slippers booklet which contains 8 patterns sized for women and children. Not sure how slippery they are on non-carpeted surfaces. I've only worn them once and that was only on carpeting. The booklet has instructions for non-slip finishing which I may try sometime. You probably could use any granny square pattern. The square gauges/sizes range from 3 1/2 inches for small to 4 1/2 inches for large.

Beverly

Thanks for the compliments. Here's a link for a pattern for Granny Square Slippers. The assembly instructions are different from the ones I followed in my Leisure Arts booklet, but the results apear to be similar.

It's a great way to practice assembling granny squares without it being a major project. I highly recommend doing these first.

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/granslip.html

Beverly

Archived