felted bag finished

mumbles17

th_100_0464.jpgjust fulled a bag!-:yay Im so happy with it - one of my friends from the British club wanted a purple felted bag for her D-I-L -finished size is 9x 13 - I put two small inside pockets in it- a cell phone size on one side and a long shallow one on the other side.....don't know if Ill add a closure or not...what do you think? ( its more of a deep purple color than the pic shows)

I used cascade highland..in hyacinth and black......

Fiona

th_100_0463.jpg

thanks everyone for the nice comments- yes the flower is felted too ( just out of scraps left over) the handle is just chained lengths of doubled yarn sewn together at the end and then felted.

Can't wait to do another one for ME this time!!!

Fiona

WOW.. that is great.:clap

Ok ladies... I'm new to "felting". Actually, I've never even heard of it until last month.

Is there a certain yarn you use? I would love to make that for my daughter as well.

Terri :yay

it has to be pure wool - ( no acrylic at all) then just crochet a bag - waay bigger than you actually want...............then put it in the washing machine; hot wash and watch it ( different colors take different time) ...then take it out and shape it and dry it - voila!

You have to give it a go !- I promise you your first will NOT be your last!- very addicting!!

Fiona

Archived