Superman Graphghan

LittleJadeFrog

Here it is! DONE FINALLY!! :cheer

th_P1000563.jpg th_P1000565.jpg

My 1st one ever and I made the graph too. I thought the graph was alittle funny looking but I fixed it as I went. Also it was hard to take the pic without making the blaknket look distorted. Unless I put it on the floor and the cat is acting strange tonight with it being night 2 that DH is out of town. So pics are the best I can do.

I am not sure if I am giving it to DH for Christmas or his b-day. They are only 5 days apart.

Great job. I want to learn to do that too, but all the instructions I've ever read just say to carry the unused yarn along as you crochet with another color. Not enough info for me. How did you learn? Did you watch someone or did you have clearly written instructions for a first-timer?

Thanks everyobody.

That looks great! How big is it? I want to do a lapghan for my 4 year old nephew to use while watching tv, but not sure how big to make it!

It turned out to be 60x45 inches. Which is perfect for him as a lapghan or to cover his shoulder. That's the part that get cold. My 6 yr old can wrap it around her so it might be a good size for a 4 yr old.

Wow well done - which would he prefer it for? That is stunning.

I don'tthink he will care much. He thinks all I am making him is a hat and scarf. So this will be a complete surprise. I'm not sure if I can make it the 2 months hiding it. I want to give it to him already! :lol

Great job. I want to learn to do that too, but all the instructions I've ever read just say to carry the unused yarn along as you crochet with another color. Not enough info for me. How did you learn? Did you watch someone or did you have clearly written instructions for a first-timer?

My mom taught me long time ago to drop/pickup the yarn on the wrong side. I have rarely used it and not on a graph ever. But it was like riding a bike. :yes Try these:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16763 Unfortunately the video and technique talked about is not linked anymore and I could not find it on the Annie's website.

http://crochet.about.com/library/blcolorhints.htm

I know there are lots of people here that can explain it better than me or might know of some sits that have better directions.

Wow that came out awesome.... I sure wished you would have been in my CAL so you could share the photo with us...

I love it so your hubby will tooo I'm sure..

Thanks so much!

I thought that CAL was for the tuscan stitch though... I am planning on making another graph soon...I really loved it! If its still going I'll join then.

Projects like these make me ambitious to try. Graphghans scare me though, so for now I'll lurk and appreciate everyone else's beautiful creations, but someday....when I'm brave enough..

Wonderful work!:clap

Archived