AJ's Wristbag-in-the-Round Pattern

crochetdiva

Thanks so much Deneen, I really appreciate your help. I should be able to post it now, since the bottom of the bag was the only real change...except for the number of stitches.

:manyheart

I am so impatient! I knew you were working on this one but I have some yarn I was eager to try so I am half way thru your original wristbag pattern (my 4th one, love it!). So now I will just have to make 2 of them, durn! :wink Thank you so much for sharing your great patterns with us!!!

Jackie, I don'tknow if two strands would be enough. Perhaps 3 or 4 would work. I just made something with two strands of thread that usually required worsted weight, and it was about 2/3 the size when finished. Hope that helps.

:hook

I forgot to add, that anyone that printed out the pattern before Sunday morning needs to make note of the correction in the handle instructions. It should read 7 st not 8. Everything else looks ok, so far.

Thanks for sharing the pattern, Andrea! Hmmmm......do you think it'll turn out ok if I held 2 strands of size 10 crochet thread together? All I got is thread. :hook

Jackie-

I would definitely do four strands held together and the h hook. Right now I am doing it in 1500 ypp thin chenille and am using two strands helt together throughout. The holes are too open if it's too thin.

Hope that helps.

I just finished this one and I love it Andrea! I used a boucle I found at JoAnn's that comes in a huge skein. It is shades of pink and it gradually goes from dark to light so it looks really cool done in the round. I had to use a G hook to get a tight enough weave for a bag. (which was a total challenge with a boucle) And it is so cute! Thank you for sharing!!!! (I would post a pic, but my poor dig. camera broke a few days ago :( wah!)

It is JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle and it is only $7.99 for a big 11 oz skein. They had pink tones, blues tones and I think purple too? I didn't find it on their website but at my Joann's it was in a big box display off to the corner of the yarn section. The item UPC number is 807404055076 if that helps. (I wish I could show you a picture. :( I am going through digicam withdrawals, can you tell?)

Hi there.....I'm quite new here, just joined today in fact, but I found your pattern last night and I had to make one right away!! I just love it.....very cute bag, easy to follow pattern. I didn't have a single problem...well besides the fact that I didn't have quite enough yarn. I used a G hook and bordered with fun fur....it's so cute. I don't know how to post a pic here yet, but I just put one on my blog if you want to see it. Thanks for the great pattern.....I'll be making many of these!!!

I'm so glad to see this pattern in the round.

I'm not a good "make 2 of these" person.

That's why my oldest DD only has *one* slipper!:eek

Thanks so much for sharing this!

:lol :lol :lol at one slipper. I'm not a 2 pc person either. I would always rather make 1 piece than 2 & not have to join pieces...

so thank you Andrea for your wonderful patterns! I have crocheted 2 of the other pattern & very happy with them. I will try this one soon too.

Thank you! I am amazed at the response I have had to the wristbag patterns...way cool, as my dd says. And :rofl to the one slipper....that would work well with all the single socks in our house.

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for this pattern! I am so proud of my completed bag, especially considering it is the only thing aside from a scarf, hat or afghan that I have ever finished! The pattern was very easy to follow. I started it this afternoon while my children were napping, and finished it this evening while we all watched Christmas cartoons. A wonderful pattern, and I will no doubt make several for presents over the next couple of weeks!

:hug Jo

Archived